Elfman's opening/end main title music

Matt C

Elfman's done this dozens of times over the years. Whether one likes the movie or score that accompanies it, he usually does a great 'suite' for the film's opening or end title sequence.

What is your favorite? This can include the TV themes too, like The Simpsons and Desperate Housewives.

There's a lot of them I like, I can't just pick one.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Elfman's forte. Essentially impossible to narrow it down to one piece. Regardless of the quality of his scores, the main titles are almost always a blast.

Men In Black and Beetlejuice were the first to come to mind. Would "This Is Halloween" count?

He's also had the luck to work with Tim Burton, who almost always has Main Titles sequences in his movies. This provides a tremendous showcase for the composer

I can't name just one as Danny has written quite a few impressive ones during his career. Some favourites include:

Batman

Batman Returns

Sleepy Hollow

Black Beauty

Sommersby

Yes, he's great with this. Too many examples to cite. EDWARD SCISSORHANDS is perhaps my favourite (how it mickey-mouses certain part of the main title sequence without losing its coherency). He's also known to crescendo the music whenever his own or Tim Burton's name comes on screen, like in SLEEPY HOLLOW. That's also pretty cool.