Koray Savas

Hans Zimmer Live Tour 2016

140 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Omen II said:

While I am not usually a big fan of large arenas for film music concerts, I thought that Wembley Arena was the perfect venue for Hans Zimmer's music (and is much nicer than the awful O2 I might add, where they do not let you take even a bottle of water into the place).  His music is far better suited to a large arena than, for example, Ennio Morricone's, IMHO.  

That gives me hope...here in Berlin it's the O2 World (now Mercedes Benz Arena) and the Morricone acoustics were awful. 13 days to go.

There are quite a few clips of yesterday's show already on YouTube.  Watch 'em all before they gets taken down!  Those with epilepsy need not apply.

Pirates of the Caribbean

Inception

publicist and Not Mr. Big like this

I went to the London show he did in 2014, but didn't bother with the tour because I assumed this tour would be the same. Can anyone confirm it who's been to both? By the looks of these videos, it's the same show, perhaps just with his recent works like Interstellar being added to the set list.

Edit: never mind, I just read the previous page. 

Do they send convicted criminals to this? I couldn't imagine a worse punishment.

;)

Jim Ware likes this

The Mercedes Benz Arena (former o2 World) still has the most atrocious sound and when Lebo M. came on, he was so drowned by the deafening loudness that you only felt sorry for him. Nice selection - Hans was affable as ever - but the sound brought it down by at least 40%.

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

Omen II likes this

Here is a video about the first show in Wembley:

When I bought my programme for the concert it came with a card containing a special download code for the opening medley recorded live.  I've just downloaded it and it contains Driving Miss Daisy, Sherlock Holmes and Madagascar.  Not a must have perhaps, but a nice little memento nonetheless.

I'd consider this if they weren't sold out in the new year.

Does he play much of the classics or does he tour the new album?

Love the old stuff but I'm not mad on the midlife crisis inspire later era. 

Bit of both. I saw the show this year in Paris. It was nice. Though I thought the battery (I'm not going to correct this because it's fun but I meant "drums") ruined some pieces (I think about thin red line ou interstellar)

Don't slip into French when speaking English! 

Batteries and percussion would both have the potential to ruin a Zimmer show. 

Remote controls need them batteries. 

Just now, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Don't slip into French when speaking English! 

Batteries and percussion would both have the potential to ruin a Zimmer show. 

Remote controls need them batteries. 

I had a long day so I guess I let more french words slip into my typing when I'm tired :P

Bilbo Skywalker likes this

I'm thrilled that he's visiting Oslo (as is James Newton Howard next year, btw).

But I'm worried about the price. It's WAY out of my price league. If I don't get press accreditation, I don't know what I am going to do.

I have faint hope for an interview with both Zimmer and JNH too (for JNH, it would be my second time, for Zimmer, it would be my first -- even though I've met him on multiple occasions).

Well here Zimmer's concert is in the Ziggodome, which can hold 17.000 while JNH has to make due with the Concertgebouw which can't even hold 2.000.

Same in Paris. This year there was 3 or 4 zimmer show on a venue that have about 3000 seats. This time in 2017 it's just one show but at the Accord Hôtel Arena which can welcome more than 20 000 !

I utterly despise arenas. They're only good for hockey and basketball. Hammersmith apollo was okay enough for Zimmer. But it was way too smoke-filled and cramped. Nothing beats a classical concert hall for acoustics and experience.

Is Zimmer doing all arenas on his next tour then?

AAAAAAND "Hans Zimmer Revealed" is coming to the US, Australia & New Zealand according to his facebook page. I'm curious because in Europe it's not Hans Zimmer Revealed it's Hans Zimmer Live on Tour. Will there be any differences ?

I feel bad about this because I'm going in June, therefore I'll have to avoid the commercial release for four months.

Boston too? So we will soon get a concert review from Jason?

He'll be doing The Netherlands for the second time soon. Still not going.

I'd like to go again, but not enough to fork out 70/80 quid + getting to Wembley.  The show was great in Birmingham, but too loud.