Star Trek Discovery

1 minute ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Who are you and why does your opinion matter?

I am Lhokne Mulb. Bluhrmenkehrl. Blumen Cohlsman. Blumenkohl. Poster of Posters. King of Kings. God of Gods. 

I'd be for Ron Jones coming back. Grates how much of the latter half of the Trek TV series had rather bland music compared to Jones (I know there's exceptions) but reading Berman didn't want it to distract or whatever...well, Jones is the vote.

What? They already announced DS9, Ent, and Voy sets are coming, and are also doing a set where they are letting fans pick what music is on it. How could anyone possibly complain?

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

What? They already announced DS9, Ent, and Voy sets are coming, and are also doing a set where they are letting fans pick what music is on it. How could anyone possibly complain?

It's not comprehensive enough! TNG has like 3,721 CD releases and the others have jack shit by comparison. TNG's music is mostly forgettable. It's taken a really long time to get stuff from the other series.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Because Star Trek is better then everything!

12 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

You don't like Generations, Cauliflower?

It was passable. McCarthy has strangely hollow sounding orchestrations. Great for a 30 piece orchestra, dull for 110 pieces.

3 hours ago, Lhokne Mulb said:

It was passable. McCarthy has strangely hollow sounding orchestrations. Great for a 30 piece orchestra, dull for 110 pieces.

Yes the sound of that one is peculiar.  I don't think it's bad though.  It would have benefitted from a wetter recording.  But I kind of like the leanness of it.  And compositionally, it's beyond reproach. 

50 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I have watched TNG, you know 

And you remember every one-off alien of the week we never see again. My mistake. 

I had to Google that name when watching The Outcast last month, it's the same sound as Stargate Atlantis' Genii.