Star Trek Discovery

Canon. 

Wasn't Data a Lieutenant Commander?

Anyway, maybe the captain of the ship will die in the first episode and then the Lt Cmdr takes over. 

I was being ironicle. Twice. :)

Well, now it's three times, if you count ironicle.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anyway, maybe the captain of the ship will die in the first episode and then the Lt Cmdr takes over. 

I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly what happens.

5 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Especially since commender isn't a known Starfleet rank, so it sounds like they're messing with cannon.

How can you tease somebody for typing commender when you type cannon?

• 3 weeks later...

CBS All Access head Jim Lanzone confirmed that nudity and swearing could be presented on "Star Trek: Discovery."

They have already talked to the showrunners about the R-rating potential and it was agreed upon that as long as these elements "serve the story"

2 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Was it already common knowledge before that Nicholas Meyers is producing on Star Trek Discovery?

Yes. 

On 2/26/2016 at 4:36 PM, Cerebral Cortex said:

Exclusive: Producer Bryan Fuller on His 'Bittersweet' Departure from the New 'Star Trek' TV Series

“I’m not involved in production, or postproduction, so I can only give them the material I’ve given them and hope that it is helpful for them. I’m curious to see what they do with it,” he says.

He commented on a potential second season: “They have my number and if they need me I will absolutely be there for them.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bryan Fuller Confirms He’s No Longer Working On ‘Star Trek Discovery’ In Any Capacity

http://uproxx.com/tv/star-trek-discovery-bryan-fuller-no-involvement/

To think his presence could have turned me into a Trekkie!;)

Alex - the last non-Trekkie at JWfan

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Alex - the last non-Trekkie at JWfan

This is incorrect.

KK - never watched a non-Abrahms Trek film

Not at all. I don't even like the Abrahms films. I'm just telling Alex that he's wrong!

After you turned to the dark side, I did consider checking them out eventually though.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, that's no confirmation he'll work on the show. It's just an "application" to be the composer of the show.

Get Giacchino to write the main theme ( like Goldsmith did for Voyager) and then have random unknown composers do the episodes underscore. Perfect way to get a solid and (with the times) theme, and to give many unknown composers a chance to get on the radar.

3 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

As I understand it, that's no confirmation he'll work on the show. It's just an "application" to be the composer of the show.

I hope he doesn't get it.  Sounded generic to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Star Trek: Discovery casts James Frain as Spock’s father Sarek; May premiere date now seems uncertain

“Production on ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ begins next week. We love the cast, the scripts and are excited about the world the producers have created.  This is an ambitious project; we will be flexible on a launch date if it’s best for the show.  We’ve said from the beginning it’s more important to do this right than to do it fast. There is also added flexibility presenting on CBS All Access, which isn’t beholden to seasonal premieres or launch windows.”

• 3 weeks later...