Star Trek Discovery

Let's just say that I read this thread out of a curiosity for Star Trek.

So whenever I see there are new posts, I hope there is some news or perhaps an interesting insight or discussion on the subject.

But those last posts were quite the polar opposite to that.

Right now there's almost nothing to go on that would inspire any real meaningful debate about the new show. All we have really is one teaser of the new chip and some names of actors. 

If it was a new Star Wars film would be enough to break the Internet, but Trekkies need a big more.

My guess it will be a few months till we get a full trailer, interviews etc.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

If it was a new Star Wars film would be enough to break the Internet, but Trekkies need a big more.

Yeah, right! Trekkies are already going mad about the look of the ship, saying it's all wrong because the propellers aren't properly proportioned!

"Propellers not properly proportioned". Try saying that outloud multiple times quickly!

I mean if Jason was any kind of moderator he would know that your utter crap about the warp-nacelles referred to the oversized and disproportionate ones on the JJ Abrams Enterprise, not this new Discovery ship, which caught some flack for looking rather un-Starfleet. (I seem to recall my fellow Trekkie Lee correctly identified it as looking too Klingon)

19 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

"Propellers not properly proportioned". Try saying that outloud multiple times quickly!

Not a problem! 

19 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Right now there's almost nothing to go on that would inspire any real meaningful debate about the new show. All we have really is one teaser of the new chip and some names of actors. 

My guess it will be a few months till we get a full trailer, interviews etc.

I saw a headline somewhere saying that Discovery has delays & problems, Steef? That should be enough to engage debate!

Not really. I hope it's good, naturally. But if it isn't its not the end of the world, or of Star Trek.

And TOS, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and three other shows will still be there for us to enjoy regardless.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Again, if it were Star Wars, yes. Some people here on JWFan were near desperation when news of the Rogue One reshoots broke.

Trekkies prefer to wait and see I guess.

So Trekkies consider themselves superior to... "Warsies"?

26 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I actually have no idea what Dukat's first name was?

....Gul?

No. Gul is his military rank as commander of a vessel or installation. Other notable Guls include Madred, Macet, and Broca. 

In the S6 opener A Time to Stand, he gives his name as Dukat, SG, though that could stand for Station Gul or just a suffix for a degree or qualification. 

Ronald D Moore jokingly says Dukat's first name has always been Elmo. 

• 4 weeks later...

They just hired someone to play Harry Mudd on this show.

I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Actually, I have had a bad feeling about this. Why, why, why, are they looking back, again?  First Enterprise, then the reboot movies. Isn't Star Trek supposed to be about the future?

Ugh. First they screwed up the 50th Anniversary, now this. Could CBS and Paramount possibly be bungling this franchise more? At least I still have my DS9 DVD's.

5 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Actually, I have had a bad feeling about this. Why, why, why, are they looking back, again?  First Enterprise, then the reboot movies. Isn't Star Trek supposed to be about the future?

This!

3 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Yes, Gentlemen! Star Trek is about the future!

enterprise_sailing_ship_star_trek_genera

And now, row, row, row your boat...

Up yer' shaft!

3 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

They should just sell the franchise to Disney! They'll know what to do!

Star Wars vs. Star Trek! Enterprise vs. Star Destroyer!  Klingon vs. Wookie! Phaser vs. Blaster! Laser SwordTM vs. Tricorder!

Finally, the ultimate fan boy dream could come true.

26 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Star Wars vs. Star Trek! Enterprise vs. Star Destroyer!  Klingon vs. Wookie! Phaser vs. Blaster! Laser SwordTM vs. Tricorder!

Finally, the ultimate fan boy dream could come true.

Soon, it will be more than just a fan trailer! It'll be reality!