Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

It was a much better way to start a teaser than with a brand new character we've never seen before popping into frame looking scared

It was a much better way to start a teaser than with a brand new character we've never seen before popping into frame looking scared

Well, a black Stormtrooper, that was pretty cool to see!

And now, we need a Japanese X-Wing pilot.

When I saw this in the trailer, it immediately made me think of the original Planet of the Apes.

He is not talking to anyone, if It's dialogue directly from ROTJ. Like when they quoted obi wan talking about the empire-vader in EpIII teaser.

The first part is taken from ROTJ, the last sentence is new to Episode VII I think.

No he says to leia that a few sentences earlier:

Leia:...you have a power i dont understand!

Luke: No Leia you are wrong, you have this power too and with time you will learn to use it. My father has it, I have it and... my sister has it.

Well, a black Stormtrooper, that was pretty cool to see!

And now, we need a Japanese X-Wing pilot.

Oh, good, we have a white supremacist in here. I thought they were limited to YouTube commenters.

Oh, good, we have a white supremacist in here. I thought they were limited to YouTube commenters.

Wo wo wo... That was a joke. Don't accuse me of being what I'm not.

By The way, I'm gay, I cannot be a white supremacist. :P

So, ROTJ dialogue:

"You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time, you'll learn to use it as I have. The force is strong in my family. My father has it, I have it, and.... my sister has it. It's you, Leia."

TFA Teaser narration:

"The force is strong in my family. My father has it, I have it, my sister has it. You have that power too"

So there is no new dialogue in the teaser, and it's VERY likely to be the ROTJ recording and not a new one.

It doesnt sound like old hammill, so there you have it, i think.

It would say 'my father HAD it' if it was old luke.

And this can't be in the film...Luke does not know any other way to tell someone that they have the force? XD

Not another doubtfull montage? :blink:

What?

The new fanfare seems to be a montage, the new trailer music seems to be a montage, and now this audio sequence IS a montage.

What's next?

That desert planet is not Tatooine.

The reveal for Star Wars Battlefront has DLC for the desert planet in TFA, and the name of the planet is Jakku.

I wonder what the practical use might be for a droid's head to be attached to a giant soccer ball.

Especially on a desert planet, wouldn't sand build up between the ball part and the head part?

Maybe the head hovers over the ball thanks to repulsorlift (as in the landspeeders/speederbikes) or plain old magnetism?

But what's the point? How does the ball design help, aside from looking really cool?

Greater mobility? Faster, smoother, able to move over a greater variety of terrains compared to an R2 unit.

I wonder what the practical use might be for a droid's head to be attached to a giant soccer ball.

Especially on a desert planet, wouldn't sand build up between the ball part and the head part?

Maybe the head hovers over the ball thanks to repulsorlift (as in the landspeeders/speederbikes) or plain old magnetism?

But what's the point? How does the ball design help, aside from looking really cool?

Greater mobility? Faster, smoother, able to move over a greater variety of terrains compared to an R2 unit.

Exactly. Balls > wheels.

It doesnt sound like old hammill, so there you have it, i think.

It would say 'my father HAD it' if it was old luke.

And this can't be in the film...Luke does not know any other way to tell someone that they have the force? XD

Not sure why so many people are having issues with the voice over. It's very clearly the exact same lines as ROTJ with part of the first portion re-edited to the end of the sentence to make it seem like Luke is talking to someone else instead of Leia. That's it in a nutshell.