Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

23 hours ago, Woj said:

Avatar rode the cutting edge of 3D movies back into mainstream. It was a must see event at the time. It enjoyed the financial return of much higher ticket prices. Even though this movie is Star Wars, it can be argued it's not "real" Star Wars. And 3D is no longer as compelling a reason to see movies. 

Why is it not "real" Star Wars? Because it doesn't suck?

1 hour ago, Woj said:

I said "it can be argued." I didn't say I wanted to argue it. Or against it. Draw your own conclusions, you're a big boy. 

Anything "can be argued". Taking that literally renders your comment meaningless. The implication is that you're suggesting the argument has some merit, otherwise why bring it up to begin with?

12 hours ago, BTR1701 said:

Anything "can be argued". Taking that literally renders your comment meaningless. The implication is that you're suggesting the argument has some merit, otherwise why bring it up to begin with?

Sigh. Troll... 

"Real" Star Wars involved George Lucas. Six episodes. All the new movies won't involve him or his ideas. Now, no matter how good and well made they are, they are just fan fiction. They're not real Star Wars because they lack the hand of their creator. 

Someone could make the same argument that all Star Trek stories told without Gene Roddenberry's direct involvements, or influence, or even after he died in 1991, aren't "real" Star Trek stories. I would not. In fact, I've had to argue against that argument, lost, and been forced to see the 2009 movie myself.

I've not said I agree with either argument, but being a devil's advocate by heart, I respect how they're formed. 

25 minutes ago, E.T. and Elliot said:

Yeah. The costume he wears reminds me of the Death Eaters. Ripoff!

Seriously don't you think Kylo Ren even sounds like Alan Rickman?

11 minutes ago, Drax said:

Woj is the highest intellectual authority on this forum. To challenge his infallibility is to invite scorn and potential exile.

Superman78Trial.jpg

An unpleasant duty has been masterly performed, Jor-El. They have received the fate they deserve: isolation in the Phantom Zone, an eternal living death.

Uhh...there is no way that this is true, right? 

So I saw TFA for the 4th time last night - 2nd time in this particular room. And I was pleasantly shocked at how much better the score sounded this time. The opening credits in particular were significantly better - bigger - than my first 3 viewings. And it wasn't just a sonic difference; it sounded like a different performance. My first thought: did Disney go back for a mid-release remix?!?

Without getting into detail, I just talked to a VERY well-connected friend of mine today, and apparently the answer is yes. More than that, some cues were actually re-recorded. In London. The issues many of us noticed early on were apparently noticed at the top - and addressed.

Very, very interesting. Brings up lots of questions. Just glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought it sounded better at Abbey Road...

http://vi-control.net/community/threads/so-i-have-seen-star-wars-the-force-awakens-no-spoiler.50409/page-8#post-3936121