Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

I will of course impose the watching to my husband, using an old Jedi mind trick.

And yes, he will tell me... "Oh... new rubber puppets... Star Trek is so much better..."

:sarcasm:

12472588_1291461350869699_36153500325498

Mine is in the car waiting for me to get off work. 

I just assumed it was some kind of self-torture to harden himself in pain for the dark side. (The helmet would get hot and then he would done it to suffer the pain - but he is not scarred...so it is an endurable kind of heat...in other words, lame :P)

I thought about picking up the Blu-ray combo pack (I watch DVDs but like to future-proof my collection), but decided against it. I'm 95% sure Lucasfilm will issue a more feature-loaded edition (with commentary and the film's trailers) to coincide with Rogue One or Episode VIII's theatrical release. So I picked up the barebones DVD instead.

Those worrying about the film itself being altered from its original theatrical release, i.e. the prequels, it's pretty much intact from opening to final scene. But the end credits are two minutes longer (crediting more BTS personnel) and the music is swapped around.

19 hours ago, Bespin said:

I will of course impose the watching to my husband, using an old Jedi mind trick.

And yes, he will tell me... "Oh... new rubber puppets... Star Trek is so much better..."

:sarcasm:

Finally, he didn't liked it at all.

As I predicted, he didn't like the new puppets... the "soft toys" (peluches) as he calls them.

He said the story is a copy-paste of the old trilogy... and when he saw Maz he said : ok she's the new Yoda.

At the Starkiller base attack, he said it was exactly like the Death Star trench run mission in the old movie, that Abrams should have used the old images and music instead of filming new ones.

When I told him that the giant woman from Game of Thrones was under Phasma and James Bond under a Stormtrooper, he said : what's the use of doing that if we don't see their faces?

Finally he said that he really have 10 years too old to have been caught by the Star Wars mania, he found this movie without any interest.

Well, it's true that it's a movie for old fans... or a younger audience. 

Star Wars is clearly a saga that don't renew itself.

Well, that's true.

For me, Star Wars is first of all a nostalgic thing. And that's why I like it.  But if it doesn't bring that feeling, if you are not moved by the Force concept, the dark light/light side thing, it's a movie "without any interest". I'm agree.

And my husband is quite categorical : Rey is the daughter of Yoda.

18 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

Mine should be delivered today as well.  I'm am impatiently awaiting the updated shipping notice. :D

16 hours ago, Joey said:

Mine is in the car waiting for me to get off work. 

Mine will eventually be on Netflix. Already seen it twice in the cinema. 

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

Finally, he didn't liked it at all.

As I predicted, he didn't like the new puppets... the "soft toys" (peluches) as he calls them.

He said the story is a copy-paste of the old trilogy... and when he saw Maz he said : ok she's the new Yoda.

At the Starkiller base attack, he said it was exactly like the Death Star trench run mission in the old movie, that Abrams should have used the old images and music instead of filming new ones.

When I told him that the giant woman from Game of Thrones was under Phasma and James Bond under a Stormtrooper, he said : what's the use of doing that if we don't see their faces?

Finally he said that he really have 10 years too old to have been caught by the Star Wars mania, he found this movie without any interest.

Well, it's true that it's a movie for old fans... or a younger audience. 

Star Wars is clearly a saga that don't renew itself.

Well, that's true.

For me, Star Wars is first of all a nostalgic thing. And that's why I like it.  But if it doesn't bring that feeling, if you are not moved by the Force concept, the dark light/light side thing, it's a movie "without any interest". I'm agree.

And my husband is quite categorical : Rey is the daughter of Yoda.

Mahhaaaaaaaa the french!

orson-welles-drunk-outtakes-for-paul-mas

11 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The French Canadians!

Well I guess I have to apologize again for my idiosyncratic English. :lol:

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:00 PM, Bill said:

I'm trying to decide which version of TFA to buy. Does anyone here know whether the Digital HD download code that comes in the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD set includes the bonus features (not just the film itself)? Does that Digital HD download code included in the three-disc set have the extra digital-only deleted scene (the one with Han, Finn, etc. under Maz's castle getting attacked by stormtroopers)? 

It gives you a choice of different services to redeem the film from: iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, etc., but once you choose one you're locked in. I went with iTunes, and fortunately it did include all the extras, including the deleted scene of Maz's castle.

At least in the US, if you redeem it through Disney Movies Everywhere, it will be accessible through any other app that you have linked to DMA (for instance, I have my iTunes and Amazon linked to DMA, and I have access to the video on both of those sites as well as the DMA site/app.

EDIT:  And my digital copies, at least on DMA and Amazon, DO include all of the Special Features.  On DMA, they are indexed and you can pick them individually.  On Amazon, the video is some 4+ hours and the special features start immediately after the end credits.

37 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Well I guess I have to apologize again for my idiosyncratic English. :lol:

When I read peluches, I had pinpointed you and your husband as Spanish while completely ignoring the location right there on the left.

Ok that's the part of the thread where everybody boost his post count replying with the only words he knows in spanish?

So is there going to be a European version of the blu-ray with the deleted scene actually on the disc instead of as online bonus feature?