Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Just because we remarked Mace was gay, doesnt mean we think there is anything wrong with it.

Yes, it was the comments that followed that I was talking about.

Point taken, but how many LGBT youths are reading us, you reckon?

You never know whose reading this public forum. But also, leaving those types of things unchallenged reinforces the social trend of using "gay" as a synonym for bad, which makes people more likely to use it in other contexts (and not just for the people that were actually posting it, but also those reading it).

All valid points, the fags, the dykes, the switch hitters and the shemale's should be made to feel welcome here too.

Dude, not cool.

Let's get back on topic in this thread, and let's not use gay as a synonym for bad on this forum either.

Carry on

Anyone else surprised there was nothing really said about Episode 7 at Comic Con this year?

Anyone else surprised there was nothing really said about Episode 7 at Comic Con this year?

I think Disney is waiting for their big D23 conference in early August to announce casting or other related information.

Sent from Tapatalk

I wish they would stay away from the crappy expanded universe and write new stories.

It was dumb and predictable that they would name a child Anakin.... :rolleyes:

After seeing what the expanded universe became, I wish the Empire had destroyed Yavin because the galaxy seemed better off with them in charge.

The prequels ignored everything from the Expanded Universe except for Coruscant and the name "Palpatine", so hopefully the sequels will too

I think the name Palpatine was around before the EU.

I think he was referred to that when Jedi was released.

I doubt they will name a lead character Anakin in the new film. To avoid confusion.

And in they do, for the life of me I hope no one called him "Ani".

Padme calling him Ani in the Prequels was awful. She might have well could have ripped his nuts of!

Yes I was wrong about Palpatine, it was mentioned by Alan Dean Foster in the original SW novelization:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senator_palpatine#Character_creation

I know Coruscant was invented by Timothy Zahn for his first Thrawn trilogy, though.

The name of Palpatine was first used in the prologue of Alan Dean Foster's 1976 Star Wars novelization. I have this book at my parents' house and can't check it now. The name was not used on film until the prequels, but it was used in the Dark Empire comics in 1991. I have a computer game from 1997 that also uses the name.

Ninja'd.

I think the name Palpatine was around before the EU.

I think he was referred to that when Jedi was released.

The term "Sith" was around already in 1977. (the SW LP liner notes for example) but the term was not used till 20 years later in TPM. So it's perfectly plausible.

I wish they would stay away from the crappy expanded universe and write new stories.

After seeing what the expanded universe became, I wish the Empire had destroyed Yavin because the galaxy seemed better off with them in charge.

it's a lovely name, we liked it a bit more than Adolf.

it's a lovely name, we liked it a bit more than Adolf.

Well, it was their third child and it was born after they defeated a newly reborn Palpatine. To destroy him Luke joined him for a little while on the Dark Side, just like his father, and that experience made him and Leia understand their father a bit more.

Karol

didn't happen as in not canon. sorry there is no explanation in the world that absolves Darth Vader of his crimes against humanity.

Star Wars 7 should be free from all the horrifically bad novels written that take place after the Trilogy. by doing so it can be fresh and new.

didn't happen as in not canon. sorry there is no explanation in the world that absolves Darth Vader of his crimes against humanity.

THIS!

Zod the murderer in Superman 2.

Stefan/Morlock you need to reread his post.

I don't remember a zod in Star Wars, was it the name of some droid?

Unfortunately you can't take away Return Of The Jedi.

Unfortunately you can't take away Return Of The Jedi.

it is a not so good ending to the trilogy but it's still better than the beginning(the prequels) to the Star Wars saga. Especially in it's unviolated form.

The only good Ewok is a dead Ewok.

I love the shot of the ewok drumming the stormtrooper helmets to nothing in the SE.

Actually that's in the original version too.

Yub nub, eee chop yub nub;
Ah toe meet toe peechee keene,
G'noop dock fling oh ah.

Yahwah, eee chop yahwah;
Ah toe meet toe peechee keene,
G'noop dock fling oh ah.

Coatee cha tu yub nub;
Coatee cha tu yahwah;
Coatee cha tu glowah;
Allay loo ta nuv.

Glowah, eee chop glowah;
Ya glowah pee chu nee foom,
Ah toot dee awe goon daa.

*Coatee cha tu goo; (Yub nub!)
Coatee cha tu doo; (Yahwah!)
Coatee cha tu too; (Ya chaa!)
Allay loo ta nuv,
Allay loo ta nuv,
Allay loo ta nuv.

Glowah, eee chop glowah.
Ya glowah pee chu nee foom
Ah toot dee awe goon daa.

* Coatee cha tu goo; (Yub nub!)
Coatee cha tu doo; (Yahwah!)
Coatee cha tu too; (Ya chaa!)
Allay loo ta nuv,
Allay loo ta nuv,
Allay loo ta nuv,
Allay loo ta nuv.

Celebrate the Looove.

No, it never should have taken place there, nor should a second death star existed.

Agreed

They should have killed off Luke in the first 30 minutes, but only after he had sex with Leia. Han is freed from carbonite but his brain is damaged and he can't speak.

Karol

They shag, he tells her they are brother and sister, she reached for his lightsaber and cuts his dick of first, then his head!. Then Ramin Djawadi's theme starts to play!

I see you get my drift.

Karol

Well, what else could they have come up with?

The original idea was that it took place around what would eventually become Courescent if I'm not mistaken.

See a lot of people figured Vader was lying and that the other Yoda spoke of was Luke's father, who had gone into hiding. He would be revealed and join his son against Vader and the Emperor. I also remember speculation that Lando and Chewie would rescue Han, kill Jabba and convince the smugglers to join in the final battle against the Empire.

Wasn't expecting Jabba's palace to be a safe haven for the muppet show rejects.

See a lot of people figured Vader was lying and that the other Yoda spoke of was Luke's father, who had gone into hiding. He would be revealed and join his son against Vader and the Emperor.

Is this actually documented anywhere pre 90's or is it just a story that began to float after fans were dissapointed with the Prequels?

I'm not discounting you, and I have heard all of this before. But does it actually have validity?