JAWS - 2015 Intrada 2CD Release (Complete film tracks & original LP re-recording)

Jay

Roger on why they had to make this change:

Because we hit the AFM max and in order to keep it in print we needed to reconfigure the program. Seemed like the easiest alteration.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=81759&sid=042dbbabc6b2d23548d427a12c6b4d8a#p81759

On 7/19/2019 at 12:33 PM, GlastoEls said:

Due to various reasons of forgetfulness, I have a spare copy of this on CD! 

Will definitely sell to a JWer if needed (opened but near mint).  Priority goes to UK based poster as that makes it easier for me!

IMG_9793.jpg

Should have held onto it for a couple more months and inflated the price on the grounds of its newfound limitedness and valuable exclusive tracks, it seems!

Typewriter Chord fans worldwide unite in mourning as JW's greatest musical accomplishment loses its status of being commercially available. Unless Intrada adjusts the main program to include it... thought that's not as much the "easiest alteration" as just chopping the end of your masterfile off, is it?

Why not just remove the typewriter cue or something obscure like that? Why remove all alternates and source cues? 

32 minutes ago, Chewy said:

AFM max?

Not sure either. Assume it's a quota of units they can sell for any given score in a particular assembly, so they had to make changes to the presentation and classify it as a new release. 

27 minutes ago, Arpy said:

So, by removing the bonus tracks, is that the source music?

Seems like they've removed all alternates, bonus cues and source music. 

22 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I don't like this kind of news, especially for a set that was just "Temporarily out of stock" and not "Sold out" by any means. A really really ridiculous move from Intrada, I want to know more on this.

That's even more ridiculous if they classified it "temporarily out of stock" before pulling the last release permanently and replacing it with a stripped back edition. Why didn't they notify people in advance that this was coming, so anyone holding off could pull the trigger? 

Hmm, yes, I was starting to come around to Jaws and was thinking about picking it up only a few weeks ago! Is it still available elsewhere?

5 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Why didn't they notify people in advance that this was coming, so anyone holding off could pull the trigger? 

8 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Why didn't they notify people in advance that this was coming, so anyone holding off could pull the trigger? 

I guess that would have brought in the skinners, people would have rushed and been upset if they didn't get one after all. But this radio silence until it slowly disappears, then silently dropping "oh yeah, it's gone now" really isn't a good way either.

I just think they will reissue only the score, so as 1 CD only, like the program of the Mondo reissue of 2-LP.

p_7145.jpg

Jaws [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1975) (2015, Intrada, INT 7145)

CD 1: Jaws – Main Title; The First Victim; Remains On The Beach; The Empty Raft (Extended Version); The Pier Incident; Father And Son (Film Version); The Alimentary Canal; Ben Gardner's Boat; Montage; Into The Estuary; Out To Sea (Film Version); Tug On The Line; Man Against Beast (Film Version); Quint's Tale; Brody Panics; Barrel Off Starboard; Great Chase; Shark Tows Orca; Three Barrels Under; From Bad To Worse; Quint Thinks It Over; The Shark Cage Fugue; The Shark Approaches (Film Version); The Shark Hits The Cage; Quint Meets His End; Blown To Bits; Jaws – End Title; THE EXTRAS: Jaws – Main Title (Alternate); The Typewriter; Man Against Beast (Alternate); Barrel Off Starboard (Alternate Segment); Great Chase (Alternate); Shark Tows Orca (Alternate); The Shark Approaches (Alternate); Quint Meets His End (Alternate); Wild Shark Theme; CD 2 - ORIGINAL 1975 MCA SOUNDTRACK ALBUM: Main Title (Theme From Jaws); Chrissie's Death; Promenade (Tourists On The Menu); Out To Sea; The Indianapolis Story; Sea Attack Number One; One Barrel Chase; Preparing The Cage; Night Search; The Underwater Siege; Hand To Hand Combat; End Title (Theme From Jaws); THE EXTRAS MUSIC FROM AMITY TOWN BEACH: Joplin Rag (Original Rag) (Scott Joplin); Winter Stories Waltz (Alphons Czibulka); In The Good Old Summertime (George Evans & Ren Shields); Thousand And One Nights Waltz (Johann Strauss Jr.); Marching Band No. 1; Marching Band No. 2.

p_mondoJaws.jpg

(Reissued partially in 2017 as 2-LP, available in "Ocean Blue" Vinyl and "Gram Black" Vinyl, Mondo Records, MOND-115)

Disc 1: Jaws – Main Title; The First Victim; Remains On The Beach; The Empty Raft (Extended Version); The Pier Incident; Father And Son (Film Version); The Alimentary Canal; Ben Gardner's Boat; Montage; Into The Estuary; Out To Sea (Film Version); Tug On The Line; Man Against Beast (Film Version); Disc 2: Quint's Tale; Brody Panics; Barrel Off Starboard; Great Chase; Shark Tows Orca; Three Barrels Under; From Bad To Worse; Quint Thinks It Over; The Shark Cage Fugue; The Shark Approaches (Film Version); The Shark Hits The Cage; Quint Meets His End; Blown To Bits; Jaws – End Title.

Source: http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/disco/albums.htm

5 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I just think they will reissue only the score, so as 1 CD only, like the program of the Mondo reissue of 2-

No. Roger already said on the Intrada message board that the reissue includes the main program and LP program. So, that should be 2 discs.

1 hour ago, Holko said:

Well, we have no clue of the exact wording of the surely idiotic licensing thing.

10 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Jaws: Contracted Edition

Then it is more like:

JAWS: Contractual Edition

15 hours ago, Jay said:

Roger says

the new packaged album will not include the bonus tracks. Just the main program and the LP program.

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

I just think they will reissue only the score, so as 1 CD only,

:blink:

4 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Couldnt they just move "From bad to Worse" to the bonus track section and move "the typewriter" to the score proper, therefore there would be a different presentation?

That would be nicer to all the fans who didn't pick this up yet than removing all the bonus tracks, for sure.  Maybe Mike can convinced Roger and Doug to do something more along those lines?

8 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Sorry to go slightly off-topic here, but I missed out on BTTF 2-disc edition originally.  I just registered on DIscogs and noticed there were some for sale, all from China, in the $30-$40 range.  I'm a complete noob to DIscogs, is it a reliable place to purchase?  BTTF 2-disc goes for around $100 or so on eBay and Amazon so looking to save some $$.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, ATXHusker said:

Sorry to go slightly off-topic here, but I missed out on BTTF 2-disc edition originally.  I just registered on DIscogs and noticed there were some for sale, all from China, in the $30-$40 range.  I'm a complete noob to DIscogs, is it a reliable place to purchase?  BTTF 2-disc goes for around $100 or so on eBay and Amazon so looking to save some $$.  Thanks!

I've ordered many things on the Discogs marketplace.  Much like with Amazon and eBay, just pay attention to seller ratings/feedback.

Ah dang! I'd been meaning to get this but prioritized non-limited releases first knowing that this would not go OOP. Very disappointing. 

:(

1 hour ago, ATXHusker said:

Sorry.  I don't believe that anything from China for a huge discount will be anything but a bootleg.

12 hours ago, Holko said:

Should have held onto it for a couple more months and inflated the price on the grounds of its newfound limitedness and valuable exclusive tracks, it seems!

Ah, very happily sold it to brother @Richard who I think is a total and absolute legend!

If they remove stuff, does that also mean the price goes down?

Also... why are so many contracts and rules so very completely and utterly pointless?!?

There are even massive laws like the US Jones Act which manage to have the exact opposite effect of what they're intended for.

In the end, people have to waste time and effort finding loopholes and the original intent gets completely lost somewhere along the way.

Nobody wins.

"Stupid people being stupid"...?

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Anyone noticed this? Don't recall seeing it mentioned here.

Look in the thread for the right score ;)

and onwards.

• 1 month later...

I wonder when Intrada will get their updated version back out onto the market.  This is too important and great of a score to be OOP for this long.

Wait, what?  I'm talking about how Roger posted that they have to re-issue it with less music.  Did you miss the news?  it begins roughly halfway through the previous page.