Home Alone - 25th Anniversary 2CD Edition by La-La Land Records (2015)

Jay

Already have the earlier expanded set so I won't be getting this, but happy that for everyone else who gets to pick up this score up for the first time. Lovely score, great release, with some nice Christmas tunes, both original and otherwise.

I'm going to get this strictly for the film version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." I am also curious to hear how the sound quality is improved. The previous release sounds excellent already. This is probably as definitive as this release is going to get of this score unless if they're saving the rest for the 30th anniversary. ;)

An instrumental only version of this would be awesome.

There's a Blu-ray rip of this floating around. Although, it contains slight echoing from the vocal.

Does anyone know what the bonus tracks below are exactly? Are they new Williams arrangements or anything?

20 Run, Rudolph, Run 2:51
Written by Johnny Marks and Marvin Brodie
21 Rock And Roll Riff 1:10
22 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 3:12
Hugh Martin & Ralph Blane (Music & Lyrics)
23 Rockin Around The Christmas Tree 2:10
Written by Johnny Marks

I imagine these are the Chuck Berry and Brenda Lee classic songs and Rock And Roll Riff is that music where Kevin goes nuts running through the house. I'm not sure if Williams composed this. I'm sure someone else here would know.

Just be glad this movie never featured Bryan Adams version of Run, Rudolph, Run.

Does anyone know what the bonus tracks below are exactly? Are they new Williams arrangements or anything?

Written by Johnny Marks

20 - the Chuck Berry song that replaced "Making The Plane" in the final film

21 - the original instrumental bit by Southside Johnny that plays when Kevin first realizes he's home alone and he dances around and stuff

22 - Southside Johnny version of the tune, replaced in the final film by the Mel Torme version

23 - Brenda Lee classic heard in the film when Kevin pretends there's a party at the house to keep the bandits away

Great...I would have bought it (instant buy....if this has been released the other time.)

Now... it will have to wait, i think. Maybe if there is some discount someday...

Really i think they should 1st try to release everything and then re-release all if they find new masters. So we have like 10-15 years in-between releases.

Jaws is an example. Even if i hate double dipping, it's now perfect and it was 15 years since the old release.

And I hate to learn that the previously newly remaster from new elements is now a sub-par mixxing from who knows which generation masters. At least dont gloat about the new excellent sound in the first time. Just my opinion now. I was very glad of the release back in 2010.

I mean please, release "The Lost World" before re-issuing a better version of Hook, AI, 1941, Home Alone 2, Superman the movie.....

I'd happily pay another $30 for a Matessino version of Hook, personally. I mean shit, the LLL version uses the film's music stem for some cues that exist in perfect quality unofficially.

The other 4 you mentioned have received definitive presentations from the earliest elements that exist so there's nothing to worry about with those.

I'd happily pay another $30 for a Matessino version of Hook, personally. I mean shit, the LLL version uses the film's music stem for some cues that exist in perfect quality unofficially.

The other 4 you mentioned have received definitive presentations from the earliest elements that exist so there's nothing to worry about with those.

I know im soundind a bit harsh. But i really love these releases :)

I want the complete hook. But I can wait. I prefer other Williams scores expanded or released for the 1st time...

Obviously it's more important to release what's never been expanded (or released at all) before first, but they can only release what the film studio, record label, and composer allow them to.

Yeah I feel it's just now I'm beginning to wake up to this "your old version had inferior sources, this latest one is the best it'll ever sound [until we remaster and reissue it again]" spiel is just marketing jargon that preys on this community's vulnerability in its ideology of obsolescence when it comes to older albums.

The Fury is a score that was supposedly sonically improved *twice* in the 2000s (Varese and La-La Land), but I actually prefer the sound of the original Varese OST. The other ones just sound brighter and louder.

BTW, this set (including not just the full score but even the OST presentation) just makes even more puzzling Sony's re-release of the OST.

????????????????????

That is addressed in my Q&A with Mike :)

Jason already has a copy of this, just like he already had a copy of Jaws before they even started shipping them.

069d06f51cf9b556a37dec107f4e2d61.jpg

You knew?

So while we were all speculating like jackasses what these CDs were going to be, you could've just been like, "It's not that."

It's weird that Williams approved the complete Home Alone with all those songs and unheard source music, but doesn't approve more music in Hook!! :blink:

Obviously it's more important to release what's never been expanded (or released at all) before first, but they can only release what the film studio, record label, and composer allow them to.

I don't think we will ever see a totally unreleased Williams score again.

(unless FSM label rises again. It's been yeeeeeears since the last totally unreleased previously score)

Nah. Give it a few years. They won't let Matessino's high res transfer go to waste.

Yeah I feel it's just now I'm beginning to wake up to this "your old version had inferior sources, this latest one is the best it'll ever sound [until we remaster and reissue it again]" spiel is just marketing jargon that preys on this community's vulnerability in its ideology of obsolescence when it comes to older albums.

The Fury is a score that was supposedly sonically improved *twice* in the 2000s (Varese and La-La Land), but I actually prefer the sound of the original Varese OST. The other ones just sound brighter and louder.

A lot of people dislike the sound of LLL's "The Fury."

I don't think we will ever see a totally unreleased Williams score again.

(unless FSM label rises again. It's been yeeeeeears since the last totally unreleased previously score)

I expect, no i DEMAND! a Sugarland express release the day after Williams passing....

:P

:(

12294625_10153864672443755_2735675523848

Our BIG MAC ATTACK continues with our next release...

HOME ALONE 25TH ANIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1374

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 5000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

La-La Land Records, 20th Century Fox, Fox Music and Sony Music present HOME ALONE 25th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION, a very special restored, remastered and expanded 2-CD re-issue of renowned composer John Williams (JAWS, STAR WARS, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE) original motion picture score to the timeless 1990 holiday classic feature film HOME ALONE, starring Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern, and directed by Chris Columbus. For this deluxe release, produced by Mike Matessino and Nick Redman, and executive produced for Sony Music by Jeff James and Didier C. Deutsch, producer Matessino worked with newly discovered elements (2 scoring masters containing 3-track mixes), which he transferred, mixed and mastered at high resolution (96k/24bit). The result is a strikingly sonically improved presentation of the score above and beyond any other HOME ALONE soundtrack release. Disc One contains the film score, with additional music, and Disc Two presents the re-mastered original 1990 album presentation with bonus tracks, including the addition of two tracks recorded for the film by Southside Johnny Lyon and the songs Run Rudolph Run and Rockin Around the Christmas Tree. With revised in-depth liner notes by Matessino and joyous all-new art direction by Jim Titus, this is the definitive release of a holiday classic from one of filmdoms greatest and most beloved composers.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1 (Total Disc Time 79:17)

THE FILM SCORE (58:13)

1 Home Alone (Main Theme) 1:30

2 Go Pack Your Suitcase / Introducing Marley / In Good Hands 1:54

3 Banished To The Attic 1:09

4 We Slept In / Hard Count 1:21

5 Making The Plane :56

6 The Basement 2:14

7 Target Practice / Sledding On The Stairs 1:32

8 Lights On / Guess Whos Home / Paris Arrival 3:21

9 The Man Of The House / Police Check 1:25

10 The Bookshelf 1:10

11 Phone Machine / Drug Store / Escape Across The Ice 3:08

12 Follow That Kid! [Film Version] 2:15

13 Listening To Carson :42

14 Cleaning Clothes / Kitchen 1:39

15 Scammed By A Kindergartner [Film Version] 2:12

16 Somewhere In My Memory (Walking Home) [Film Version] 1:09

Lyrics by Leslie Bricusse (Chorus & Orchestra)

17 O Holy Night [Film Version] 2:51

Composer: Adolphe Adam;

Translation of Lyrics: John S. Dwight (Chorus)

18 Star Of Bethlehem [Film Version]* 3:03

19 Carol Of The Bells 1:28

Music & Lyrics by Peter Wilhousky (Chorus)

20 Setting The Trap 2:31

21 The Attack Begins 1:30

22 Marv Enters The Basement / A Hot Hand / Sore Head 2:52

23 Paint Cans 2:06

24 Clothesline Trapeze / Marley To The Rescue 4:15

25 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas [Film Version]* 1:05

26 The Next Morning / Mom Returns / Finale 4:35

27 We Wish You A Merry Christmas / End Title [Film Version] 4:19

ADDITIONAL MUSIC (21:01)

28 Star Of Bethlehem [Orchestral Version] 3:00

29 Somewhere In My Memory (Walking Home)[instrumental] 1:07

30 Jingle Bells 1:02

31 Christmas Carol Medley 7:45

32 Silent Night* 1:54 (Chorus)

33 God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen* 1:13 (Chorus)

34 O Holy Night (Alternate Finale) 1:35

35 Somewhere In My Memory 3:26

DISC 2 (Total Disc Time: 66:29)

THE 1990 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM (57:04)

1 Home Alone Main Title (Somewhere In My Memory) 4:56

2 Holiday Flight :59

3 The House 2:27

4 Star Of Bethlehem [Orchestral Version] 2:51

5 Man Of The House 4:33

6 White Christmas 2:39

Written by Irving Berlin

7 Scammed By A Kindergartner 3:55

8 Please Come Home For Christmas 2:41

Written by Charles Brown & Gene Redd

9 Follow That Kid! 2:02

10 Making The Plane :53

11 O Holy Night 2:48

12 Carol Of The Bells 1:25

13 Star Of Bethlehem 2:59

Lyrics by Leslie Bricusse (Chorus)

14 Setting The Trap 2:16

15 Somewhere In My Memory (Walking Home) 1:04

16 The Attack On The House 6:53

17 Mom Returns And Finale 4:19

18 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 3:05

19 We Wish You A Merry Christmas / End Title 4:19

Lyrics: Traditional / Leslie Bricusse (Chorus & Orchestra)

Total Soundtrack Album Time: 57:04

BONUS TRACKS (9:19)

Written by Johnny Marks

Total Bonus Track Time: 9:19

Total Disc Time: 66:29

* Previously unreleased

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/np.1448611350741012.502903435/10153864672443755/?type=3&theater

I missed the 2010 release, so I look forward to getting this one!

Music by John Williams

La-La Land Records, 20th Century Fox, Fox Music and Sony Music present HOME ALONE 25th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION, a very special restored, remastered and expanded 2-CD re-issue of renowned composer John Williams (JAWS, STAR WARS, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE) original motion picture score to the timeless 1990 holiday classic feature film HOME ALONE, starring Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern, and directed by Chris Columbus. For this deluxe release, produced by Mike Matessino and Nick Redman, and executive produced for Sony Music by Jeff James and Didier C. Deutsch, producer Matessino worked with newly discovered elements (2 scoring masters containing 3-track mixes), which he transferred, mixed and mastered at high resolution (96k/24bit). The result is a strikingly sonically improved presentation of the score above and beyond any other HOME ALONE soundtrack release. Disc One contains the film score, with additional music, and Disc Two presents the re-mastered original 1990 album presentation with bonus tracks, including the addition of two tracks recorded for the film by Southside Johnny Lyon and the songs Run Rudolph Run and Rockin Around the Christmas Tree. With revised in-depth liner notes by Matessino and joyous all-new art direction by Jim Titus, this is the definitive release of a holiday classic from one of filmdoms greatest and most beloved composers.

TRACK LISTING:

Written by Irving Berlin

Written by Johnny Marks

* Previously unreleased

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/np.1448611350741012.502903435/10153864672443755/?type=3&theater

Thanks for requoting the entire original post!

The worst thing about this release is that I will probably break at some point and buy this thing.

That is why I hate them so much. But not as much as I hate myself.

Karol

I can relate to that.

Re-reading the tracklist i almost bougth it now...

LLL and other labels should do a 50% discount (BY THE LEAST) to the owners of their previous expansion albums.

I would buy this for 15 bucks. (Plus the inevitable 15 bucks for shipping.)

Music by John Williams

TRACK LISTING:

Written by Irving Berlin

Written by Johnny Marks

* Previously unreleased

Thanks for requoting the entire original post!

Could you please stop doing that? Thank you!

I will get this, sure.

And then I will have...

Home Alone Original Soundtrack

Home Alone LLL Expanded Edition

Home Alone LLL 25th Anniversary Edition

Home Alone 2 Original Soundtrack Score

Home Alone 2 Original Soundtrack Songs

Home Alone 2 Varese Sarabande Expanded Edition

Home Alone 2 LLL Expanded Edition

Anybody else getting the feeling that the Home Alone soundtrack market is being oversaturated? :P:lol:

I will get this, sure.

And then I will have...

Home Alone Original Soundtrack

Home Alone LLL Expanded Edition

Home Alone LLL 25th Anniversary Edition

Home Alone 2 Original Soundtrack Score

Home Alone 2 Original Soundtrack Songs

Home Alone 2 Varese Sarabande Expanded Edition

Home Alone 2 LLL Expanded Edition

Anybody else getting the feeling that the Home Alone soundtrack market is being oversaturated? :P:lol:

You are missing 2015 HA OST re-issue...

It's weird that Williams approved the complete Home Alone with all those songs and unheard source music, but doesn't approve more music in Hook!! :blink:

I think Williams' attitude toward these kind of releases is way overrated here. He's not sitting on his own master tapes preventing anyone to release them. He of course has his own preferences, but it's pretty clear now he doesn't have anything against his music being presented and released this way, including alternate/unused takes, source cues and all the likes. He's aware there's an audience for it and he gladly complies and gives his approval, especially if there's a sensitive producer like Mike Matessino working on it, a guy who JW trusts a lot when it comes to these kind of things.

I would be surprised at all if we got the new edition of Hook sometime soon.

Karol

Now that I would buy!

again! :(

If there ever were better elements unearthed. The previous Hook was kind of stumped on that department, hence the film stem thingies added to the Ultimate War.

I swear Matessino is hinting at precisely such a Hook revisit right here from FSM:

Home Alone 2 stayed the same because the original Varese version was approved by John Williams and Shawn Murphy. There's no need to revisit it even if other material showed up, because it's Home Alone 2. The first Home Alone, however, is a different story, as it's one of the most important and enduring of John Williams' scores and now both have composer-approved expansions. This was an opportunity to not only have much better quality but to demonstrate what might be done for future releases, thus opening the doors for other projects.

Mike M.

Me? I'd buy this new version if it would open the door for Dracula.