Home Alone - 25th Anniversary 2CD Edition by La-La Land Records (2015)

Jay

We could have had the cue titles for a few years if anyone had used binoculars and written down the titles on the conductor's screen at the live to projection concert. :P

I saw some of them, but I was not going to stop concentrating on the show in order to take them down or try to remember them all. :lol:

I can only remember that one of them was "Star of Bethlehem."

I don't think they showed the slate numbers though. 

On 14/11/2016 at 1:30 AM, Disco Stu said:

I will admit I'm known to listen to both HA and HA2 soundtrack any time of year....

This and the complete HA2 release are essential for me.

Same here.

The orchestral (concert) version of "Star of Bethlehem" is hauntingly gorgeous. Gives me shivers. Too bad it wasn't used in the movie....

If anyone hasn't picked this up yet, LLL is having a sale starting in 5 1/2 hours

“BEVERLY HILLS COP” NEW RELEASE SPECIAL!! 
Buy BOTH BEVERLY HILLS COP & BEVERLY HILLS COP II together and SAVE $5! When you purchase BEVERLY HILLS COP you will be asked at checkout if you wish to take advantage of this offer and SAVE $5 off of BEVERLY HILLS COP II! Special offer starts 12noon (PST) on 11/29 and is good thru 1/2/17. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

JOHN WILLIAMS “HOME ALONE” SPECIAL! 
Get HOME ALONE: 25th ANNIV. EDITION (2-CD SET) and HOME ALONE 2 (2-CD SET) at a sales price of $20 EACH. Special offer starts 12noon on 11/29 and is good thru 1/2/17. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

HOLIDAY SALE! 
Save on these great Yuletide soundtrack titles – ONLY $10 EACH: MIRACLE ON 34th ST (2-CD SET), SCROOGED and KRAMPUS. Special offer starts 12noon (PST) on 11/29 and is good thru 1/2/17. Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

SHIPPING NOTICE: 
Our shipping dept. will be closed from 12/20 thru 1/1. Any online orders placed during this time will begin shipping out when we re-open on 1/2.

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/dm6pu--b15lm-ag4f6q9

48 minutes ago, Jay said:

Home Alone is seriously worth the upgrade

Yeah, I might buy the first one with the JP set soon. I'll wait on 2 though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Jay said:

Here's another great Behance article from Jim Titus about hos he designed the art in the set!

https://www.behance.net/gallery/46576973/Home-Alone-25th-Anniversary

Cool!

Still haven't bought this one. 

• 11 months later...

I have a question about Star of Bethlehem (Film Version). While I think this version of the cue is extremely beautiful, the added layers sound a bit... out of sync at times. So I'm wondering, was this the intention, or did MM make a little mistake while mixing this particular cue? I'm thrilled he found these instruments, of course, but in my very humble opinion, they're not added quite perfectly.

I don't think there are "added layers"; It's not like he took the version that had been released before then mixed some recording of an isolated synth channel over it.

It's a completely different take, the one they used in the film, instead of the different take (without the synth) he put on the original OST album.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Listening to this great set again now and wondering why Jingle Bells couldn't be part of the Christmas medley.

Because its not a Christmas song?

Dear God, when this thread was bumped up, for a split-second I thought we're getting yet another Home Alone... 😂 

By the way, I love this release. Among the various HA albums, this is the one I listen to most often now. It has also the best sound quality, I believe. Incidentally, I also like the pop and rock songs at the end... Especially "Run Rudolph, Run" and "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree"!

I ordered HP anyway, so I threw the new Home Alone in the cart as well. The old one will be a great christmas gift for my 80-year-old grandpa who likes John Williams a lot and loves the song "O Holy Night". I think he will be amazed by "Star of Betlehem".

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

I ordered HP anyway, so I threw the new Home Alone in the cart as well. The old one will be a great christmas gift for my 80-year-old grandpa who likes John Williams a lot and loves the song "O Holy Night". I think he will be amazed by "Star of Betlehem".

By "old one" you mean the OST album?

2 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Nope. The old LLL.

Ah OK.

The old LLL album is rather redundant now, I guess, but I would never give away the OST album. Yes, even though that's included in the latest LLL edition!

4 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Listening to this great set again now and wondering why Jingle Bells couldn't be part of the Christmas medley.

I've read somewhere that Jingle Bells isn't part of "Christmas Carol Medley", as the track is called, because it's not a carol. In the liner notes Mike Mattesino calls it a "winter song".

• 3 weeks later...

It's very weird how the two tracklists are on two sides, but I guess all the obligatory rights acknowledgements on Disc 2 would've made the font size illegible if they tried forcing it on just the back. Nice thick booklet though!

No, Josh, Luke and others, there's no new edition coming out, I just bumped it again.

10 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

😉

Just wanted to bump the tread again:p

Gotta be honest, he hasn't changed that much. He could easily do another HA movie, directed by Chris Columbus and scored by John Williams! :D

I really like this set.

But anyone else hear a distracting scratch hard in the left channel at 1:55 of Follow That Kid (film version)? Thankfully it's in a repetitive spot so for the rip and digital playlist I can just loop over it.

Last night I went to a club, and I swear to God, at one point sometime around three or four o'clock in the morning we were all dancing to this....

But then, I was drunk. Maybe I dreamt it. 😄

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Have people discussed the absence of cues from this fantastic set? Namely the polka guys playing a carol?

The post just above yours?