MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: FALLOUT (2018) - Film & Score

Damien F

Heck yes! Like you said, it's really surprising that he wasn't jumped to do a lot more scoring post-Mission Impossible 5. He's clearly a very talented composer, and the fact he is seemingly not in any sort of demand is disappointing, to say the least. 

Yup, you said it!  It's unfortunate timing too, as I know for me personally MI5 would have topped by "best score of 2015" list if not for the fact that The Force Awakens came out in the same year.. and now in 2017 its a repeat with both MI6 and Episode 8 being the same year.  Bummer.

It is hard to believe after the success of MI5 he wasn't immediately sought out by Hollywood to score another big film or two!  At least we have the great Audio Network music to tide us over until MI6.

I betcha if he could have scored The Mummy instead of Brian Tyler that would have been great too.  

I mean, Tom Cruise actually took the time to write a blurb about how much he liked Kraemer's score to MI5 to put in the OST booklet; How many actors / producers do that?  Yet he hasn't yet hired him to score any of his subsequent films....

7 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Tom cruise also liked Giacchino scores and he didnt hire him either. he ditched him for 5 even!

I wouldn't exactly call the MI5 situation a ditching.  Kraemer scores all of McQuarrie's films, and Giacchino was mad busy in the summer of 2015 scoring Tomorrowland, Inside Out, and Jurassic World.  Pretty much impossible that Giacchino could have done MI5 once Paramount moved its release date from Dec 2015 to July 2015 unless he broke his long connections with Brad Bird and Pete Docter to score a film for a director its possible he's never even met that was never going to make as much money as Jurassic World

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I betcha if he could have scored The Mummy instead of Brian Tyler that would have been great too.  

I mean, Tom Cruise actually took the time to write a blurb about how much he liked Kraemer's score to MI5 to put in the OST booklet; How many actors / producers do that?  Yet he hasn't yet hired him to score any of his subsequent films....

I think the fact that he wasn't even able to return for Jack Reacher 2 says it all. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Paula Patton was great in the 4th one, she got replaced. Maggie Q was in the third, never to be seen again.

Tom Cruise, what a user!

Maggie Q? I thought it was Michelle Monaghan?

2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Maggie Q? I thought it was Michelle Monaghan?

In your world are Mission Impossible films only allowed to have 1 female character?  WTF?

5 is easily the best film and score in the series since 1

Most people really love 4 but I wasn't impressed by it

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

5 is easily the best film and score in the series since 1

Most people really love 4 but I wasn't impressed by it

What I love about the first three is that each film is fundamentally different and unique but still fits into the franchise. Are 4 and 5 in the same boat or just a continuation of what Abrams did with 3?

Each one really feels like a soft reboot of the whole idea.

Michelle Monaghan returns in 4 and Luther is in all of them but other than that there isn't a whole lot to tie them together (until they brought back Pegg and Renner for 5).  He has a completely different boss and bad guy in every one