MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: FALLOUT (2018) - Film & Score

Damien F

I wouldn't mind as much that Kraemer wasn't returning to MI6 if he was at least scoring like, Star Wars spinoffs or James Bond film.  The major studios need to hire this guy for big blockbusters!

I think the score will be very different from Mi5 because if they wanted the same sound they'd have hired Kraemer again. I really hope this won't sound like Pacific Rim Uprising...

40 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I hate film score fans. 

Because we like great film scores and sometimes get tired of the corruption that prevents them from being made.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The plot thickens...

There's no plot and there's no fake news.  At the ASMAC screening, Kraemer shared his process scoring the film.  There was a test screening in the spring of 2015 for MI5 that had a temp score that reflected McQuarrie's vision for the music (no action music, very little thematic material).  The film scored well but Cruise was not happy with the musical direction.  He described the temp music as "funereal".  The order came down to score the movie more aggressively.  Kraemer said "Cruise had three directives:  action, pace, and location." He also played some demos of cues he'd written before the test screening and how they were rewritten after the test screening to follow Cruise's direction.  So unless Kraemer went to the trouble to make fake demos, it's not fake news.

My guess is McQuarrie will claim he changed composers because he was the first director to make a second MI movie and he wanted it to feel different.  Which is why he brought back the editor, the sound recordist and the stunt supervisor.

3 minutes ago, elvisjones said:

There's no plot and there's no fake news.  At the ASMAC screening, Kraemer shared his process scoring the film.  There was a test screening in the spring of 2015 for MI5 that had a temp score that reflected McQuarrie's vision for the music (no action music, very little thematic material).  The film scored well but Cruise was not happy with the musical direction.  He described the temp music as "funereal".  The order came down to score the movie more aggressively.  Kraemer said "Cruise had three directives:  action, pace, and location." He also played some demos of cues he'd written before the test screening and how they were rewritten after the test screening to follow Cruise's direction.  So unless Kraemer went to the trouble to make fake demos, it's not fake news.

My guess is McQuarrie will claim he changed composers because he was the first director to make a second MI movie and he wanted it to feel different.  Which is why he brought back the editor, the sound recordist and the stunt supervisor.

McQuarrie denied that there were any disagreements with Cruise on the MI5 scoring in a now-deleted Tweet.

Someone on FilmScore Monthly said FAKE NEWS.  Also, interesting that the tweet has since been deleted. Maybe there IS a plot :)

I took very good notes at the ASMAC event.  Kraemer mentioned that the motorcycle chase had to be totally rewritten the day before the recording session to be faster and more action-packed. 

Joe Kraemer liked this tweet even though McQuarrie dismissed this story as false. Is McQuarrie possibly lying to save his publicity? He said that social media isn't the proper place to explain the composer switch.

Joe Kraemer Liked.PNG

57 minutes ago, Drew said:

Joe Kraemer liked this tweet even though McQuarrie dismissed this story as false. Is McQuarrie possibly lying to save his publicity? He said that social media isn't the proper place to explain the composer switch.

Joe Kraemer Liked.PNG

This guy really holds a grudge. I read some of his other tweets... saying that McQurrie is betraying film music lol

Kraemer holds a grudge?

Didn't Gabriel Yates do that too after Troy?

As good as the music was, that didn't seem to work wonders on his career.

Would be a shame to see the same thing happen again... :(

Based on how Balfe acts on twitter, I don't think he got offended lol. He replied to a fan who wasn't pleased with "Why are you nervous !"

On 4/21/2018 at 2:45 PM, Koray Savas said:

I hate film score fans. 

Ye gods, isn't this true.  Just looked at this thread after a colleague mentioned it.  Wish I hadn't.  Some of you are friggin wackos.

On 4/25/2018 at 12:42 AM, TGP said:

Ye gods, isn't this true.  Just looked at this thread after a colleague mentioned it.  Wish I hadn't.  Some of you are friggin wackos.

Yeah.  MI: Rogue Nation, the best score of 2015??  You people are insane!

• 3 weeks later...