The Force Awakens ALBUM Discussion (No Film Spoilers)

rebekahnoelleparker

1 hour ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

How great is 0:30 - 0:42 of Han and Leia?

That following the tragic rendition of Han Solo and the Princess is very beautiful indeed. I actually prefer the renditions of that theme in TFA than I do compared to ESB, it just fits the idea of the tragic love theme that I'd come to expect when I first heard it.

EDIT:
Just found this wonderful Youtube comment on the Disney Vevo of that track:

"Has anyone else noticed how in every official soundtrack release of Han and Leia's theme (Han Solo and the Princess, Han and Leia, etc.) the song is usually cut off by another song, like the Imperial March or the March of the Resistance? I think that's sort of neat symbolism. Han and Leia's love will always be fleeting and brief, drowned out by the march of war."

18 minutes ago, DarthDementous said:

EDIT:
Just found this wonderful Youtube comment on the Disney Vevo of that track:

"Has anyone else noticed how in every official soundtrack release of Han and Leia's theme (Han Solo and the Princess, Han and Leia, etc.) the song is usually cut off by another song, like the Imperial March or the March of the Resistance? I think that's sort of neat symbolism. Han and Leia's love will always be fleeting and brief, drowned out by the march of war."

ROTFLMAO

The reason why the music cuts from one theme to another is usually dictated by what is happening on the screen. There's no intended philosophical motivation there.

Han and Leia only have a few short moments together and there theme accompanies them for familiarities sake. It isnt presented as one of the driving forces of the score, like it was in TESB.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

The reason why the music cuts from one theme to another is usually dictated by what is happening on the screen. There's no intended philosophical motivation there.

Han and Leia only have a few short moments together and there theme accompanies them for familiarities sake. It isnt presented as one of the driving forces of the score, like it was in TESB.

I suppose, but the very action of cutting to the Resistance could also be symbolic. Its most likely not true but its a nice thought anyway.

On 13 January 2016 at 8:28 PM, RPurton said:

Anyone else hear Finn's Action Theme resembling this portion of the opening of Empire Strikes Back?

3:52 

Anyone?

I NEED TO BE LOVED!

How did I never pick up there was a mini canonic response in the woodwinds at 1:43 of "Rey's Theme"? I heard the second bit but not the first bit lol. That's after about 75 listens.

11 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

Only 75?  Talk to me when you have 2000, like a real JWFan!

My estimate is probably way off. 75 does seem low lol

2 hours ago, Scarpia said:

As far-fectched as this is, I still prefer people paying attention and loving Williams' music like this, than those criticising it for not sounding like the kitschy trailer. 

Yeah, plus the comparisons they're making aren't that far fetched to be honest.  

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, I am very grateful we have the big tragic version of Rey's theme at the end of The Abduction. It just seems like the perfect candidate for a notorious Williams microedit and a moment we'd be pining after for years, like Sirus Black's Escape