The Force Awakens 2CD Expanded Score coming Q1 2016?

Amer

2 hours ago, Jwfan2234 said:

You will all surely die.... Force lighting kills you all.

How's that compare to Force lightning? Do Jedi put Force lighting on their houses to celebrate Life Day? 

Sorry guys! What we're all MISSING here is the POINT  where The Force Awakens is SHIT. 

STAR WARS is the REAL score here and the corporate overlords KNOW this.

The Force clearly hasn't awoken with this SCORE FOR DUMMY poopoo HEADS.

BTW. I was skyy38 all ALONG! 

5 minutes ago, MikeTroxell said:

Please paste the gif where Palpatine says "no...no...Nooooo..."

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

So, since TFA didn't win the Oscar for Best Original Score, does that mean the upcoming expanded edition is most likely cancelled now?

I doubt it. 

On 26 December 2015 at 5:36 PM, E.T. and Elliot said:

The OST has superior dynamic range, but the UE has a superior drier sound. I'm being torn apart!

The latter.

Actually, most JW scoes since the turn of the century sound the same: lots of top and bottom, but no with real "guts".

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

The latter.

Actually, most JW scoes since the turn of the century sound the same: lots of top and bottom, but no with real "guts".

Thats known as 'Smily Face' EQ Mastering. 

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:20 AM, BloodBoal said:

So, since TFA didn't win the Oscar for Best Original Score, does that mean the upcoming expanded edition is most likely cancelled now?

No, but some intern at Disney Records is going to have to peel all of the "The complete Academy Award winning score by John Williams!" stickers off of the covers before they can ship it out.

38 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

People are shaken from this dreadful loss, confidence is gone, the embarrassment is too great, and it's unlikely that Williams will be asked back for further installments.  Future expanded projects will be buried and he will fall into obscurity.

I don't even know how he can step outside his house to get the mail. Such an embarrassment. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Brausam said:

Wait...so is this supposed to happen or not?  Every time I read this thread it seems like the consensus is different..

It's all just rumors, there are no confirmed facts whatsoever

I would agree that those are a higher priority for me, but there's plenty of fun music I want from TFA - and that's just stuff that made it into the final cut off the film.

It won't happen but I'd love to hear the alternate, early cues that JW replaced later in the scoring process. He mentioned in a few interviews how this scoring process allowed him to re-write more than other in other films. I want to hear all those cues! Especially the original/previous opening music that seemed to feature Kylo Ren's theme and some other brass music for when the First Order shuttle flies down to Jakku, at least based on that 60 Minutes clip.

I need to be able to really dig into the movie once it's out on blu-ray to know whether I want an expanded release or not.  It always takes seeing a Star Wars movie a lot for me to start resenting not having specific cues available to listen to separate from the movie itself.

On 3/4/2016 at 5:34 PM, Disco Stu said:

I need to be able to really dig into the movie once it's out on blu-ray to know whether I want an expanded release or not.  It always takes seeing a Star Wars movie a lot for me to start resenting not having specific cues available to listen to separate from the movie itself.

From my memory the only cues missing that I want from the OST and the FYC is The Scene with Kylo talking to Darth Vader's Helmet. Also the unreleased, unused cues :) 

6 minutes ago, Datameister said:

The interrogation scene with Rey on Starkiller Base has some great scoring. Awesome statement of Rey's theme as she starts to deflect Kylo Ren's power back onto him.

There's plenty of good stuff missing from the last act, too, with the heroes sneaking around the base and whatnot.

Bottom line, I want it all!

Yeah, it's a cool little cue.   I remember really liking the flashback music too.  Standard Williams dissonance but very effective.  

8 hours ago, Stefancos said:

With a flashback!

And flashforward!

Flashsideways is still to come!