The Force Awakens For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

• 6 months later...

Well its the end of an era; the music files are no longer available on Disney's site, as they've switched over to 2016 films now.

Physical copies of the FYC have been cheaper recently than before, here's some recent ebay listings

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201617929606

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232001512229

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201614372735

• 7 months later...

Forgive me if this is an inappropriate question to post here, but I was wondering if anybody still had the files from the Disney FYC site? I was able to get Rogue One's while they were actually up, but was not aware that I could have gotten TFA's before. I'd love to experience the soundtrack in the most complete form possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if this was posted before, but someone restored Williams' original version of the Force Theme for when Rey takes the lightsaber.

Works very well and far less distracting than the tracked version, IMO.

I definitely see @mrbellamy's arguments.  I've never been vehemently against the needle-drop, it's just a shame there apparently wasn't time for Williams to re-score it.  I do think I prefer it with the original intention though.

29 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Rey vs Ren was one of the last cues recorded, so this was probably just a late change that couldn't be re-scored in time.

How do we know that? 

On 6/8/2017 at 0:34 PM, Stefancos said:

Dunno if this was posted before, but someone restored Williams' original version of the Force Theme for when Rey takes the lightsaber.

Works very well and far less distracting than the tracked version, IMO.

This is the first time seen this scene with the original music and I got goosebumps.  Much more effective for my tastes.  I found the tracked version to be very distracting but it worked, I suppose, and I understand why it was used.  I imagine the general audience didn't notice the music was from the original movie.

I wonder what the original cue for the transition to the X-Wings was.  The album version cuts straight to later in the duel while the film version is (apparently) tracked from the attack on Jakku.   

22 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I wonder what the original cue for the transition to the X-Wings was.  The album version cuts straight to later in the duel while the film version is (apparently) tracked from the attack on Jakku.   

Some believe it originally transitioned right from the lightsaber music to the scherzo. It's a very smooth transition. There was a lot cut out of the scherzo in the film, so it's possible that the scherzo originally started earlier (in that case, perhaps the scene arrangement was a little different too, since the scherzo wouldn't make much sense for the scene of the pilots in space lamenting their situation). 

• 6 months later...

Hey!

Sorry for bumping the old thread. I am new to this forum, and I was wondering if anybody has the files for TFA and RO FYC release. I found out about it horribly late and the links were already dead when I found them. If anyone could share them, I would be very grateful.

Also, let me know if asking for these files is not allowed, since I am still a newborn here.

Cheers, and thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Since Disney took the files off their website, there is no way to legally get this album unless you buy a physical copy off ebay.

Lossless rips of said FYC disc cannot be asked for on the public forums, that's what the PM system is for.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

You quoted a 2 year old post to talk about owning another copy of it?

It's been available on ebay for years now at smaller prices, I picked one up last summer for ~$60

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

19 Torn Apart (4:24)

• 3:24-3:48 1M4R [continued]
  • 3:48-end 7M66 [continued]

Isn't the section from 3:40 to 3:43 coming from 7M67R It Is You (which we can hear at the beginning of The Ways Of The Force on the OST)?

10 hours ago, Chewy said:

Isn't the section from 3:40 to 3:43 coming from 7M67R It Is You (which we can hear at the beginning of The Ways Of The Force on the OST)?

Yes, good catch! With this many microedits, it’s easy to have one slip by. I’ve updated the breakdown above.