50th Anniversary - The albums of 1966

Bespin

Let's begin this brand new year, with a thread dedicated to the albums and soundtracks that will celebrate their 50th anniversary this year!

Anyone born in 1966 too?

p_tfm4183.jpg

How To Steal A Million [Original Motion Picture Score] (1966, 20th Century Fox Records, TFM 4183)

Main Title; Two Lovers Theme; Simon Says; Fan Fare And March To The Museum; Nicole; The Can Can; Two Lovers (Lyrics By – Leslie Bricusse); The Key; The Cellini Venus; At Maxims; The Prowler; End Title.

p_s4183.jpg

(Released in 1966, 20th Century Fox Records, S 4183, Stereo)

p_w1668.jpg

Not With My Wife, You Don't! [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Album] (1966, Warner Bros. Records, W 1668)

Main Title (Big Beautiful Ball); My Inamorata (Vocal Version); Hey Julietta; Trumpet Discotheque; Two Of Everything; Not With My Wife, You Don't; Big Beautiful Ball (Vocals – Johnny Mercer); My Inamorata (Instrumental); Foney Poochini (Labrador-Opera Montage); Arrivederci Mondo (Italian Movie); Hungarian Jungle Music; Defending The Flag.

p_ws1668.jpg

(Released in 1966, Warner Bros. Records, WS 1668, Stereo)

p_e4426st.jpg

Original Music From The MGM Film Penelope (1966, MGM Records, E-4426 ST)

Penelope (Vocals – The Pennypipers); Poolside; Penny's Arcade; La Bostella; The Girl In The Yellow Dress; Penelope (Instrumental); Penelope (Love Theme); Girl Chase; The Sun Is Gray (Vocals – Natalie Wood); Sadaba; At The Art Museum; The Mad Professor.

p_se4426st.jpg

(Released in 1966, MGM Records, SE-4426 ST, Stereo)

p_isc83.jpg

p_isc83b.jpg

How to Steal a Million/Bachelor Flat (1966/1962) (2008, Intrada Special Collection, ISC 83)

CD 1 - How to Steal a Million, The Original 1966 Album Re-Recording: Main Title; Two Lovers Theme; Simon Says; Fanfare and March to the Museum; Nicole; The Can Can; Two Lovers; The Key; The Cellini Venus; At Maxim's; The Prowler; End Title; CD 2 - How to Steal a Million, The Film Recordings: Main Title; The Cellini Venus and Museum Fanfare; The Prowler; At Gun Point/Hark, a Pistol Shot; Simon Cons Nicole; The Spell; He Suspects Something/Nicole at the Ritz Bar; Normal Human Reactions; Locked In; The Key; The Phone Call; Hang on to Your Bucket; The True Gallic Character/The Can Can/In the Guards Room; End Title/End Cast; Bachelor Flat: Reggie in the Colonies; Main Title; Professor's Pad/Libby Comes Home; Mama in Paris; Transistor Radio; Home Cookin'; Libby Da Lip/Bra and Panties; Poor Mike/Short Trip; Artificial Respiration; Mambone; Effects of Alcohol; Galloping Gladys; End Cast; Trailer.

p_fsmcdcol14no14.jpg

Not With My Wife, You Don't, Vol. 2 — Original Soundtrack (1966) (2011, Film Score Monthly, FSMCD Vol. 14, No. 14)

A Big Beautiful Ball; Jalousie/The Green-Eyed Monster/Jalousie Again/The Globs/Harry is Perturbed/Tuba Bell/Drum Cadence; Ferris Wheel March; General Parker's Arrival; My Inamorata; Pajama Talk; The American Eagle; Korean Juke Box #1; Korean Juke Box #2; Korean Juke Box #3; Defending the Flag/It'll Take Hours; Butterflies; Tank's Charm; Brandy Snifter/Making Wallets/More Wallets/Still More Wallets; Two of Everything; Tank Shinto; Bowed Heads and Flowers; Tom's Jealousy; Discotheque #1 (Not With My Wife, You Don't!); Discotheque #2 (Not With My Wife, You Don't!); Two of Everything; Off to Labrador/Eskimo Pie/Row Your Own Boat; Tank's Beach Party/Two of Everything; Rosa & Vittorio/Hero's Horns; Arrivederci Mondo; Cold Feet; High Tank; Tom Goes A.W.O.L.; Tom's Anger; Rome Radio; Exterior Capitol/End Title; A Big Beautiful Ball (End Credits; Bonus Tracks: A Big Beautiful Ball (instrumental); Discotheque #1 (instrumental); Discotheque #2 (instrumental); Ciao, Baby (alternate End Title); A Big Beautiful Ball (alternate); Main Title (Big Beautiful Ball) (album version).

p_gnpd8047.jpg

The Time Tunnel (1966) (1997, GNP Crescendo, GNPD 8047)

Some tracks composed and conducted by John Williams.

p_cha10022.jpg

Don't Make Waves/Penelope (1967/1966) (2000, Chapter III Records, CHA 1002-2)

"Penelope": Music composed and conducted by John Williams.

p_fmscd_vol7no18.jpg

p_fmscd_vol7no18b.jpg

Penelope/Bachelor in Paradise (1966/1961) (2004, Film Score Monthly, FMSCD Vol. 7, No. 18)

"Penelope": Music composed and conducted by John Williams.

p_fsmcd_vol9_no3.jpg

p_fsmcd_vol9_no3b.jpg

Not With My Wife, You Don't!/Any Wednesday (1966) (2006, Film Score Monthly, FSMCD Vol. 9 No. 3, Compilation)

"Not With My Wife, You Don't!": Music composed and conducted by Johnny Williams.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thor, you were too early!

All this work in 1966 paid off, since then he adapted Valley of the Dolls and got his first Academy Award nomination in 1967.