Spielberg gives update on Williams' health and why he didn't write the Bridge of Spies score

Arnaud

Hello all,

I don't think this has been noticed here.

Here's a link to a very interesting interview of Steven Spielberg by fellow director Marty Scorsese for Filmmaker Magazine on the occasion of the release of Bridge of Spies.

If you get to 47:20, Spielberg talks about the call he got from Williams telling him he was going to be fit with a pacemaker and was prevented from working for seven weeks by his doctor. This is probably also why Williams didn't conduct most of The Force Awakens.

http://filmmakermagazine.com/96810-watch-martin-scorsese-and-steven-spielberg-talk-about-bridge-of-spies/#.VpGmm0uE2iZ

I recommend the whole interview and seeing Bridge of Spies which is an excellent film.

Thanks to my friend Patrice for pointing out that interview.

9 minutes ago, Zaralyth said:

Maybe they didn't want to worry anyone.

Could have been the case.

But then again, I was getting hints of " Oh, the rumours of our impending divorce are false" and then, a week later, they get divorced anyways.

Williams has never struck ME as someone who needed a "Hollywood Spin", especially since nothing really "Scandalous" was never reported about him before.

It's his "back" first and then, his "heart".

I'm not buying any of this!

1 hour ago, skyy38 said:

Could have been the case.

But then again, I was getting hints of " Oh, the rumours of our impending divorce are false" and then, a week later, they get divorced anyways.

Williams has never struck ME as someone who needed a "Hollywood Spin", especially since nothing really "Scandalous" was never reported about him before.

It's his "back" first and then, his "heart".

I'm not buying any of this!

Do we really have any right to know about Williams' personal life, let alone his health? Your insinuations are absurd.