John Williams Receives 50th Oscar Nomination for 'The Force Awakens'

Ricard

6 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

These pieces are supposed to impress me? They're repetitively simple and sound like he just asked the Orchestra to tune up and he'll record it.

Jesus! The ignorance...

5 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Of course. I haven't seen the film, so cannot judge its effectiveness in its intended format 

........and you are therefore qualified to judge its worthiness of an Oscar?    

JWFan2234, stop spamming the board with this request.  You created your thread with your request, that is enough.

Ok what's your PayPal email I will send it right now!

Just now, Jay said:

JWFan2234, stop spamming the board with this request.  You created your thread with your request, that is enough.

Just so that as I posted I will stop. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Is your poor use of grammar and bad spelling the result of a stroke? Or were you taught English in the United States?

I think he's a youngster and is just a bit inexperienced in all things, hence his outlandish behavior.  Perhaps he's used to other forums with a similarly young and uncouth demographic?

Morricone shares some nice words about Williams:

Interviewer: What do you think of the other nominees?

EM: I didn’t hear a single note. I swear, I never make comparisons. Working in the field of movie music, if I listen to other composers’ music and I like it very much, that’s dangerous, but if I don’t like it I get very angry.So I avoid it. But, I have to say that John Williams is great, as I knew already. He was sitting next to me and we hugged each other. He has a whole collection of Oscars, he’s really very good.

From FSM

28 minutes ago, Jwfan2234 said:

Jay- change your pic please it make me think you are a 18 year old girl slut.

WTF?