LOSSLESS JOHN WILLIAMS IS THE MOST GLORIOUS THING I HAVE EVER HEARD

DarthDementous

Wow.

So I uh had a look at the 'usual sites' for any Lossless releases of the Force Awakens soundtrack (no links sorry, I'm a law abiding citizen) and found only one. With post-haste I downloaded it and the moment I turned on Main Title I recoiled in sheer joy. I never realised how much of a difference it made but I literally feel like that I'm in the middle of the orchestra that recorded it. I can't wait to hear the other tracks.

EDIT: The bass I think is the best part about the FLAC recordings, it sounded tinny and unnatural to me before but now oh my god it's glorious

It's highly unlikely that one would hear an audible difference between even a V0 MP3 and a lossless counterpart. But certainly not between 320 Kbps and lossless. 

This obviously doesn't account for subjective 'placebo' kind of effects though. 

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Wait... Does that mean DarthDementious was only listening to lossy files all his life until... today?

It's true, I've remained ignorant to the lossless format until today. Only heard .mp3 and .wavs, it's a shame really.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

You could also get the score on Compact Disc. Which sounds exactly the same as on FLAC, but has the added advantage that you actually paid for the music and in some small way helped the industry, the musicians who performed this great score and the man who wrote it.

I've already bought the score on iTunes and thought because the torrent was in a foreign language it was an obscure leak or release not available. Good job trying to guilt someone and make yourself feel better though.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

If you bought the score on iTunes it would not have been MP3, and if you are familiar to the Wav. format then FLAC should not surprise you since it sounds the same.

Weird, it didn't outright say the format because of the way the interface worked but I'm comparing the versions side-by-side and I can still hear a notable difference between the .flac and whatever the iTunes version is.

6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

That is certainly possible.

iTunes sells AAC's which are compressed in such a way that the sound quality is affected. That isn't the case with FLAC. 

Damn. If I had known that I would've gotten physical (then again I didn't even know the difference back then) but I guess I was just too impatient.

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You could still buy the CD!

There is a version with embossed lettering!

Alas I currently do not have the money for embossed goodness.

I'll probably wait and see if there will be an expanded release with some of that unreleased music that Disney likes to keep parading around.