John Williams' Film Night, Boston, May 12 & 13 2016

Andrej

Finally got through on the phone.  Best bet is to have that going while continuously checking the site!

I got tickets for the Thursday night show.  Friday night was pretty much sold out!  Can't believe they went this quickly!

I always prefer the friday night show...but oh well.

Also got Raiders tickets for June!

Just now, sebacote said:

What!

Guess I'll stay in Canada :(

There are still some available, it's not completely sold out!  Try try try!!

Thursday night show is a bit more open.

1 minute ago, Bellosh said:

There are still some available, it's not completely sold out!  Try try try!!

Thursday night show is a bit more open.

The problem is, I can't travel thursday because of my work :(

I'll continue trying for friday concert, I'm still getting busy line!

19 minutes ago, Dixon said:

call 617-266-1492. Should get you symphony hall. The guy transfered me to the phone cue and now im in and waiting

Thanks for the tip, I'm in the phone queue now. Both numbers were busy when I tried earlier, but at least being on hold now makes it seem like there's a faint glimmer of hope

8 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Thanks for the tip, I'm in the phone queue now. Both numbers were busy when I tried earlier, but at least being on hold now makes it seem like there's a faint glimmer of hope

Scratch that, I got disconnected from the phone queue  :'(  TEARS

Well, after months waiting for this and hours of trying the website, I finally got through to a human.  Wanted balcony tickets for Friday night, but all out.  Bought floor seats further back, hopefully not too jammed in.  Good luck everyone.

This website snafu seems to me like a scam. Never seen a colossal screw-up on this level before.

Just now, Scarpia said:

It's a disaster, really. Still no luck with the site or the phone.

It really does suck.  I've never experienced this with the BSO.

I was on hold for about 35 minutes.

If I didn't call, I wouldn't have got anything!

Some good news is that the Raiders of the Lost Ark show is wide open!

I had a similar experience buying Tanglewood tickets last month, slowly and painfully watching all the tickets disappear, but powerless to buy any myself. AGGGHHH!!! The whole process has definitely gotten much more difficult this year.

I finally got through on the phone and ended up with front row both nights. I wanted to do front row one night and balcony the other, knowing that the front row doesn't have the best view, but it was not to be. Oh well!

Hope to see some of you there! Good luck to anyone that still hasn't gotten tickets.

2 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

I wonder if anyone had better luck buying tickets on their mobile app that they've been pushing.  Totally forgot about that!

Being it that the BSO website still doesn't even load, I'd say it's worth checking.

43 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

I wonder if anyone had better luck buying tickets on their mobile app that they've been pushing.  Totally forgot about that!

One of the first things I tried this morning, it was showing "loading" for an eternity!

Still haven't got my tickets btw :(

1 minute ago, sebacote said:

One of the first things I tried this morning, it was showing "loading" for an eternity!

Still haven't got my tickets btw :(

Ugh i'm sorry!  Hoping you finally get through!

I could finally buy the tickets through the phone, for Thursday, although I get a little feeling of regret for not choosing two spots at one of the tables. Are those seats any good?

5 minutes ago, Scarpia said:

I could finally buy the tickets through the phone, for Thursday, although I get a little feeling of regret for not choosing two spots at one of the tables. Are those seats any good?

It's not that they are bad, they are bit more pricey and IMO, looking up to the orchestra is not as good as the balcony seats.  But I believe you do get waiters and stuff.

At the end of the day, ANY spot in that place is worth the money though.

One curiosity: there's always a slight stage extension that causes row C to be the first row at the front tables.  This year, there's no extension, and rows A and B exist.  I'm row A right in the middle... hopefully my seat will actually exist, and not be under Williams' podium.  That wouldn't be the best view at all. :P

Guys I need your help!

I finally got on their website and I got the following tickets, just want to know if they are good tickets, as I never got into this room :

May 13
Section: Orchestra Sec 5 ; Row : P; Seat: 5; Price: $95.00
Section: Orchestra Sec 5 ; Row : P; Seat: 4; Price: $95.00

May 12
Section: Orchestra Sec 1 ; Row : B; Seat: 2; Price: $120.00
Section: Orchestra Sec 1 ; Row : B; Seat: 1; Price: $120.00

Thanks!

Just now, sebacote said:

Guys I need your help!

I finally got on their website and I got the following tickets, just want to know if they are good tickets, as I never got into this room :

May 13
Section: Orchestra Sec 5 ; Row : P; Seat: 5; Price: $95.00
Section: Orchestra Sec 5 ; Row : P; Seat: 4; Price: $95.00

May 12
Section: Orchestra Sec 1 ; Row : B; Seat: 2; Price: $120.00
Section: Orchestra Sec 1 ; Row : B; Seat: 1; Price: $120.00

Thanks!

Like I said, any seat in there is good!  Glad you were finally able to get tickets!

I seated with my boss to get my days off to go on thursday concert and I got the go, so I'll take thursday tickets, as they look very better (when you click on the seat, you have the view from that seat, Row B seats 1 and 2 seems great!)

EDIT And the site crashes when I try to check out... this is a rollercoaster of emotions lol

EDIT 2 : Now waiting in line on phone line

EDIT 3 : After 20 mins waiting (full price, I live in Canada), I finally got the line, talked to the guy, and the line dropped, I only had the time to tell the seats I had on their website... FML...

3 hours ago, sebacote said:

EDIT 3 : After 20 mins waiting (full price, I live in Canada), I finally got the line, talked to the guy, and the line dropped, I only had the time to tell the seats I had on their website... FML...

Living in Santiago de Chile made this call quite painful too. A dollar a minute, to be precise.

Congratulations on getting the tickets and the time off!

20 hours ago, Peter said:

Hi all,

I think the two concerts are already sold? Are the tickets sold always so fast?

- Peter

I haven't seen it sell out THIS FAST before.

I'm guessing The Force Awakens had a lot to do with bringing him back to the general public's view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

john willium is best ever director. I seen his movie star wars and gave total number to the movie.

I seriously can't stop laughing at the phrase 'john willium is best ever director.'

Comedy gold!