What are your thoughts about George Lucas as a filmmaker?

karelm

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

But we said it was OK when the typo was funny in an interesting way!

Father, Star Wars, Vader!

It's always a shame when people have to explain their jokes. But there ARE a few very literal readers here. 

Do you remember the first Jabba in the SE of ANH? Do you remember the first Yoda in TPM?

The rich and famous Georges Lucas that everyone was afraid of... Well it was a Lucas with too much power and so, he maked a lot of bad decisions.

I'm not afraid to say that Money and power corrupted his talent.

He is a phenomenal idea man, one of the best ever. As a director and writer, he leaves alot to be desired, even though he really does try. That being said, he catches way the fuck too much flack for making 3 movies that some people liked, and others disliked, and for not releasing the UOT (which I am in partial agreement to). I feel bad for Lucas, in a way. He's a genuinely nice guy, he's done a whole hell of alot for filmmaking and charities, yet he gets shit on because of....movies that people don't like. Now, what with disney remaking the OT but disguising them as new films, he's catching even more shit. Makes sense, I guess.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

BloodBoal, haven't we moved past pointing out typos yet?

It's what I deserve for stopping to ponder if "farther" or "further" would be correct.

I fucking hate what Disney has done with Star Wars, although I know you all disagree. I can't walk around Disneyland in a Star Trek without getting death stares and borderline threats from all these tools in God awful Star Wars clothes like R2-D2 hats that just make me feel embarrassed.

1 hour ago, Woj said:

No, they probably think the thirty something year old man alone in a children's theme park without his own  children is somebody to be concerned with.

I'm in my 20s! And I'm usually not alone! And it's not strictly for children!