Revenge of the Sith (extended edition) help finding it.

Jwfan2234

Does anyone know where I can buy the ROTS extended edition soundtrack? I really love this one so much. I would really appreciate it! Any help would be great. Please you are my only hope!

There is no official release for an extended edition, only the OST album. On youtube, for example,  you can find fan edits that include more music extracted from different sources.

9 hours ago, Jwfan2234 said:

Does anyone know where I can buy the ROTS extended edition soundtrack? I really love this one so much. I would really appreciate it! Any help would be great. Please you are my only hope!

You can't. There's only the OST release or re-releases of the original program (like the recently released vinyl or digital collections).

Anyone offering an extended version for sale is ripping you off. These releases are fan edits, incorporating officially unreleased music ripped from video games or DVD surround channels into the body of the score. It's illegal to sell these.

What we have sucks! The ost doesn't have duel of the fates with battle of the heroes the 2 best sounds in Sw together. And it's so not completed

2 minutes ago, Jwfan2234 said:

What we have sucks! The ost doesn't have duel of the fates with battle of the heroes the 2 best sounds in Sw together. And it's so not completed

What we have is how John Williams intended it to be heard away from the film. That is why it's all you need.

Yes.

It's a very, very flawed release, as it follows the film edit of the music, which means the third act (among other things) is edited to shreds. But it has a great amount of wonderful previously unreleased music you won't find on the original album.

Unfortunately for the Star Wars prequel scores Sony never saw fit to release proper 2CD sets containing the complete scores, so your choices are to either deal with the OSTs + TPM UE, download other people's fan edits that combine those releases with video game and blu ray rips... or make your own fan edit.  At least until Disney gets the right back and hopefully finally gives these scores the treatment they deserve (which isn't a guarantee)

I was actually being sarcastic about the ROTS OST. I think it's a very disjointed and rather terribly assembled album. It needs to trade up the less interesting material for all the missing highlights. It's a case where expansion significantly improves the score.

1 minute ago, Jwfan2234 said:

Agree needs a lot more. The Jedi temple March should be its own song! Such a good one

Are you referring to the music when Anakin marches towards the Jedi Temple? Because that is an unused piece from Attack of the Clones. It's on the AotC OST and was originally written for the arena battle at the end of Episode II.

Thanks so much man I am a Jw freak and never knew this. I have really stayed away from this soundtrack besides the love theme so. Thanks again!

If you're a John Williams freak, then I suggest you listen to the complete Attack of the Clones soundtrack. The selection is enjoyable and a great listen.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

:banghead:

:banghead:

26 minutes ago, Scarpia said:

If you're a John Williams freak, then I suggest you listen to the complete Attack of the Clones soundtrack. The selection is enjoyable and a great listen.

Yup. Lots of awesome unreleased bits.

Aww, experts helping newcomers over the mountains of John Williams is a stirring sight.

I reckon the potential/real extended scores for the prequels go like this: TPM > ROTS > AOTC. The last is mostly well-represented (especially with the conveyor track) aside from the tracked material we already have well on TPM releases. ROTS has plenty of new interesting material, and from the weak sources I've heard, the full length presentations of key tracks are more majestic (beside their microedited album presentations - a feature I've noticed more now that TFA has shown us). The best are Anakin's Betrayal & Anakin's Dark Deeds. The Coruscant battle (espeically the full intro) deserves a good releases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBPA5m4pVEE&list=PL8X6l_2AhBONZSNf9X8eOAlGadKgbInfV&index=33

7 hours ago, E.T. and Elliot said:

I was actually being sarcastic about the ROTS OST. I think it's a very disjointed and rather terribly assembled album. It needs to trade up the less interesting material for all the missing highlights. It's a case where expansion significantly improves the score.

star-wars-tv-spot-5.0.0-1132x509.0.0.png

On 2016-01-27 at 8:18 AM, Jwfan2234 said:

with the clean videogame files the score is 95% complete

A fan edit is probably on you tube somewhere

On 1/28/2016 at 9:31 PM, Jay said:

It's an old JWFan in-joke, Woj.

So old its origin predates the current (2002) incarnation of this forum.

Let's give credit to its incomparable creator: