Classical Classroom - Music Podcast - TFA Episode

artguy360

Does anyone listen to this podcast, Classical Classroom? This is the podcast description:

Houston Public Media classical music librarian, Dacia Clay has a secret: she knows next to nothing about classical music. But she wants to learn! Luckily, she's surrounded by classical music experts every day. In each episode of the Classical Classroom, Dacia's colleagues and some local classical music luminaries take turns giving her classical music "homework assignments". You'll learn about everything from bel canto aria to the use of leitmotif in the score to Star Wars. Come learn with us in the Classical Classroom.

This episode covers The Force Awakens score. It's full of spoilers, but the main thing they do is breakdown the thematic material of the film in a very technical but accessible way. I'm not sure if like it or not, I haven't finished the episode yet: 

Thank you for the heads up! This is actually a great episode with really great insight by Brett Mitchell who is very articulate and most of all appreciative of Williams's music for Star Wars and the new score in particular and shows quite illuminatingly connections and possible inspirations Williams might have had in terms of musical connections throughout the Star Wars scores when he wrote his new themes for The Force Awakens.

This is great and perfect for my non-musician friends and family.  Perfect way to make Williams a bridge to classical music teaching people concepts without them realizing it.

This was a fantastic listen. Really increased my appreciation of the score and Williams as a composer, high as they were already.