Greetings to all from Hungary

Hello everyone!

I’m Szabó Péter, but you can call me Peti. I’m from a small historical town called Szentendre (dating back to the Roman Empire) in Hungary. I am 27, I’m an electrical engineer, and I’m a John Williams fan and film-music enthusiast (DUh :D). I’ve been a fan of the maestro since I was 5 (1993), albeit indirectly at first. There was no internet back then, and I was a very little child, so I couldn’t really make connections, but I knew I loved Jurassic Park, the first movie I’ve seen in a movie theatre, and the VHS collection of Star Wars and Indiana Jones. These were the 3 defining franchises of my childhood, like to so many others. And I always loved the music, I hummed or whistled them constantly, annoying my parents. So it was inevitable that I will eventually figure out that connection, and I did that, so of course I became a fan. The rest is history.

I’ve been reading this site for a while now, but this is my first contribution to the forums. Better late than never I guess :)

In 2010 I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Williams in person, which is a story I’d like to write about in a full-fledged topic (or in here) if anyone’s interested, because it was maybe the greatest and most unbelievable experience of my life.

In short, my aunt lives in Fort Worth, Texas, and she is one of the violinists of the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra. So when I heard that there will be a concert conducted by the maestro there, I totally hopped on a plane to be there. Then she got me tickets, and I even got to meet Mr. Williams and he even spoke with me a little (how that occurred is a story in itself), it was really an out of body experience. And I can clearly say that he really is one of the nicest people I have ever met. My aunt was at first sceptical, because she had bad experiences with stuck up divas and celebrities (and as a violinist she finds a few of his music really hard to play :D Harry Potter for example), but after one session, she was blown away by him completely.

So that’s about it, ask me freely, I don’t want to brag about it, that’s not why I’m here (I could have done that in the last five years :D), but I’d love to write about my complete experience :)

As an engineer I don’t really have any musical background, so sorry if I don’t know accurate musical concepts, definitions. Nevertheless I like to write music in my free time as a hobby. I have a beginner-level USB piano, but I mostly tinker with a composing software as I know how to design and program but does not know how to play a piano (effectively) :D

(If somebody’s interested about that I can link my SoundCloud profile since this is maybe the best community for getting constructive criticism and advice. I just make them for fun and to entertain myself.)

Last thing. I don’t care where you’re from, what you like, I personally like to be nice to anyone, I hope that’s a good thing here :D I even welcome the grammar Nazis, because English is not my native language and I’m always eager to learn.

Sorry for the length, I don’t know who will read this, but if you do, thank you :)

Nice day to all!

PS: One of my secret favourites that no one talks about is ‘Tavington’s Trap’ from the Patriot’s score, I don’t know, it just makes my blood pump every time.