Happy 84th Birthday John Williams!

Incanus

Happy birthday to a composer who actually changed my life, in many ways!

84 years isn't THAT old in today's world, but it's certainly old enough. Williams is certainly three times more healthy and vibrant than my own grandfather was at that age.

Here's hoping he has his mother's genes, and that we'll have another decade of new Williams music to look forward to.

When I was five, The Imperial March was firmly embedded in my mind when my parents showed me the films. Eighteen years later John's music still has an impact on my life. It's incredible to be alive at the same time as this genius! Happy Birthday!

In this 1993 Boston Pops tribute, Christopher Reeve said that without John Williams' music, Superman's powers are greatly diminished. The same can be said for all John Williams film scores and I look forward to hearing any more he wants to gift to the world.

Happy Birthday, John Williams! :happybday:

And, continuing an annual tradition:

Happy Birthday, Alan (Hlao-roo)! :happybday:

31 minutes ago, Mari said:

In this 1993 Boston Pops tribute, Christopher Reeve said that without John Williams' music, Superman's powers are greatly diminished. The same can be said for all John Williams film scores and I look forward to hearing any more he wants to gift to the world.

Happy Birthday, John Williams! :happybday:

And, continuing an annual tradition:

Happy Birthday, Alan (Hlao-roo)! :happybday:

Thanks, Kathy! :) Perhaps one day Ahmed Best will pay similar tribute.‎

All you have to do to embed a youtube video is paste the URL at hte top of your browser when you are viewing the video, into your post here.  THe board software automatically turns it into en embed.

I have more affection for JW than I do for members of my family. I may have listened to this man's music every single day for 30 years. Here's to another decade of JW output!

Ever since hearing the brass play over the introduction to the island in "Jurassic Park" in 1993, I have been a major fan of John Williams and his music. I have been spending the day listening to his music, and will started my annual "John Williams Film Festival" last night with "Jaws."

Happy birthday!

I've been all over the place the last few days, so while I've lost on the promptness, here's to a very happy birthday for the maestro!! May your pen continue writing for years to come!

This is what's been calling to me the whole night!

It gives me great pleasure to speak on behalf of the JWFN and the entire John Williams fan community in wishing Maestro Williams "Happy Birthday" and many happy returns. May your joyful spirit and sublime notes be with us for many years to come. It is our pleasure and privilege to continue to join you on your musical journey.