Star Wars Head Space album coming digitally In 2 weeks

Jwfan2234

Also included is a remix of J.J. Abrams’ and Lin-Manuel Miranda’s fan-favorite “Jabba Flow” from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, called “Jabba Flow: Rick Rubin Re-Work (feat. A-Trak).”

Fan-favourite? Hmmm. Really? Besides the initial reports that this piece exitsts, I can't remember a single mention of this piece outside JWFan. I know there is life beyond this place but there has not been any buzz over Jabba Flow anywhere as far as I know.

Just now, mrbellamy said:

Every other YouTube comment on "Maz's Counsel" is just people wondering where the cantina songs are.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

But that stuff went completely past me when watching the film and I have not missed it for a second.

So we get this garbage, but not expanded prequel soundtracks, full soundtracks for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, or soundtracks for Star Wars Rebels? Ughhh.

I have full faith in Disney, but I find this decision...disturbing.

4 minutes ago, libraloco said:

full soundtracks for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, or soundtracks for Star Wars Rebels?

I'll gladly take albums like this over Kiner's ""Star Wars"" scores.  At least this has some unintentional (?) comedic value.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. Big said:

I'll gladly take albums like this over Kiner's ""Star Wars"" scores.  

Kiner's scores are at least vaguely Star Wars-y. This is just painful.

(I'm not the biggest fan of Kiner, really. He has some nice pieces every now and then, but the rest of his work is either forgettable or a blatant rehashing of Williams. I would at least like the chance to own the pieces of his that I like, though.)

12 hours ago, libraloco said:

So we get this garbage, but not expanded prequel soundtracks, full soundtracks for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, or soundtracks for Star Wars Rebels? Ughhh.

I have full faith in Disney, but I find this decision...disturbing.

This is a VERY Disney move. See following links for bluegrass, jazz, bossa nova, reggae, rock cover albums.

http://www.amazon.com/O-Mickey-Where-Art-Thou/dp/B00008NRLW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1455020187&sr=8-5&keywords=bluegrass+disney

http://www.amazon.com/Everybody-Wants-Be-Cat-Disney/dp/B0045CBKN0/ref=pd_sim_15_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=51HaBPkl6qL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=15FR4EYX3GW67PNGMH0K

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Reggae-Club-Various-Artists/dp/B003AWEZ6A/ref=pd_sim_15_6?ie=UTF8&dpID=51fB9UwExhL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=15FR4EYX3GW67PNGMH0K

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Bossa-Nova/dp/B00080EV0M/ref=pd_sim_15_12?ie=UTF8&dpID=51JSVDGMTHL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=15FR4EYX3GW67PNGMH0K

http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Mad-About-Mouse-Various/dp/B00000271X/ref=pd_sim_15_11?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Gbl8bifIL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=15FR4EYX3GW67PNGMH0K

There's an audience for this that Disney wants to sell to, and I'd bet they sell quite a bit.  Maybe for some kid, this will be their "R2-D2 We Wish You a Merry Christmas" or Meco remix album, awful music that they look fondly back on in 30 years.

This doesn't upset me because it's not "for us."  If they released a soundtrack expansion and it was just full of these instead of more score, I'd be a grump.

So I clicked a STAR WARS thread for once, and WOW, this sounds like something RIGHT up my alley! I'm an "electronica-head" and would never have been interested in film music (or even John Williams, for that matter) if it hadn't been for my love of electronic music first, in the 80s onwards.

So yeah -- bring it on! (I also belong to those who dig Meco's STAR WARS album). Also, it would be a great companion to my other re-interpretation albums (organ, jazz etc.).

I'm particularly excited about the track from Röyksopp, which I've read about for some time now.

[Edit: OK, after listening to the samples, I'm not quite as enthusiastic anymore. I hope the tracks that aren't sampled are better, so I can pick and choose]

19 hours ago, libraloco said:

Only took 8 replies, that's not bad going. This is an improvement over previous occasions. 

20 hours ago, libraloco said:

Disney doesn't have the rights to the prequels until 2019 or later, so that isn't possible right now.

Sony might have the rights to the tv show scores too, I dunno...

20 hours ago, Mr. Big said:

I'll gladly take albums like this over Kiner's ""Star Wars"" scores.  At least this has some unintentional (?) comedic value.  

At least this will have have some genuine talent behind it, in the form of Rick Rubin and some of the producers. And the Force Theme won't be shat upon from a great height, which is always a plus.

So yeah, count me in.