Recommend me some Thomas Newman

Jilal

Recommend me some ... Tom Newman!

I'm primarily interested in his more ambient scores (quiet material for listening in bed, in other words - for instance, I've found Desplat's The King's Speech to work phenomenally well) - e.g. the typical shimmering Newman pads, processed acoustic instruments, etc.

I didn't want to draw this much attention toward me! Jay, what hast thou done?! ;)

A list of cues would perhaps be a better idea - I reckon even some of his 'heftier' scores contain the type of underscore I'm referring to.

I'd love a thread of Newman recommendations.

Of course, we already have this one:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21982-thomas-newman-appreciation-thread/

and this one

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24174-the-help-me-like-thomas-snoozemans-music-thread/

to get you started, but of course I'm interested in today's recommendations too!

Some moments that might satisfy what you're looking for:

Basically The Revolutionary RoadAmerican Beauty, Road to Perdition, Little Children are all scores you might want to check out.

3 hours ago, KK. said:

Haven't checked that one out yet. Any particular tracks I should preview?

Goldmine Nectarine would probably be the "single" off this album. But I should say that it isn't representative of most of the rest, which has less to do with harmonic ambience than more gnarly sonic experimentation and musique concrète