No Time To Die (James Bond #25)

Jay

18 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Again, who the hell are you talking about? Justin is the only person that likes Batman Returns. 

Why do you think that? I love Batman Returns! 

4 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Because the effects and sets haven't held up and it's a bit camp in general. Some of the designs are great but it looks cheep. 

Both Terminator films or Jurassic Park, for example, are films which I don't think have aged a day. 

Do you watch anything from the Hollywood Golden Age?

12 hours ago, Sally Spectra said:

Do you watch anything from the Hollywood Golden Age?

What's that got to do with anything? I never said every film ages badly or that all films made before a certain date are complete write offs. 

The last one by American artists was Quantum Of Solace's Another Way To Die, which was ... hmmm. 

Although the last one by a British artist was SPECTRE's The Writing's On The Wall, which was also ... hmmm.  

I like that the Bond theme song is still a big deal, though. They're pretty much the only movies left where it's the case.   

12 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

The last one by American artists was Quantum Of Solace's Another Way To Die, which was ...

... a major disappointment for this diehard White Stripes fan

6 minutes ago, DominicCobb said:

She'd do a fine theme, and though this is a plausible rumor, any word about who will do the song for a Bond film two years before it's out is pretty much BS.

True!  Beyoncé obviously wouldn't need to do this since they would beg her to do it, but often managers of artists will start these rumors to get the producers' attention.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

True!  Beyoncé obviously wouldn't need to do this since they would beg her to do it, but often managers of artists will start these rumors to get the producers' attention.

Beyonce doesn't need the attention, though I'm sure she'd appreciate the Oscar.

9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

She is pretty low on my list of things wrong with the 3rd Austin Powers.  Back off Queen Bey ya Irish fucker!

She hasn't had a good song since Crazy in Love. 

Showing what a sad twerp you are as always Richard.

3 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

She hasn't had a good song since Crazy in Love. 

This is one of my favorite pop songs in a good, long while.  Emotional and truthful and real.  And catchy!

37 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Anyway, she's definitely the classiest and coolest of the current pop stars.

More so than Pink?

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

I meant no disrespect to Pink!  I have to admit I don't know any of her songs post "Get this Party Started" era.

The next album after that one was more rock based and had this cool bluesy b-side you might like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB_YyH6Dc2Q

Possibly, and perhaps "pop whore" was a tad OTT, but part of me can't help feeling sorry for anyone who feels the need to advertise themselves, in such a way. What some people find classy, I call demeaning and manipulated. Women - all women - deserve better.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Possibly, and perhaps "pop whore" was a tad OTT, but part of me can't help feeling sorry for anyone who feels the need to advertise themselves, in such a way. What some people find classy, I call demeaning and manipulated. Women - all women - deserve better.

Oh Lord, another Legion of Decency crank with a Madonna-whore complex. Women - all women - deserve better than to be scolded as whores or sluts for embracing their sexuality and parading their figures with provocative dress. Thankfully, in the Western world such paternalistic attitudes are dying off.

1 - Wait, what ? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/09/05/plot-leaks-new-james-bond-film-007-marry-bond-25/

I hoped we would just forget Spectre… and I did not like Léa Seydoux character :(

-------------------------------

2 - Wait, what ? http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/apple-amazon-join-race-james-bond-film-rights-1035539

It's not about the fact that Seydoux is returning, its about the fact they are doing a plot where Bond gets married and then she gets murdered again.  Did you read the article?

I care if it's a Disney/Lucasfilm Ltd. thing where someone else is suddenly in control. Despite varying tones and actors, the Bond series has remained fairly consistent in its own weird way. I don't want to see it become Jane Bond: License to Shop. Everything is being made into a female version for no good reason.