No Time To Die (James Bond #25)

Jay

14 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I wouldn't imagine it being hard at all considering just about every one is a repackaging of the previous entries, never taking any risks or deviating from the established norms.

16 minutes ago, dougie said:

Apparently the newer ones require a seasoned scribe to convey all that dark and disturbing nuance that today's sophisticated audiences demand. Maybe Aaron Sorkin will be next in line.

I think that would be insufferable. I don't want Bonds to give lengthy pages long monologues every time he has to bed a woman or kill the bad guy.

13 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I think that would be insufferable. I don't want Bonds to give lengthy pages long monologues every time he has to bed a woman or kill the bad guy.

Sorkin would make it dark and disturbing.

On 2/19/2019 at 5:09 AM, Ghostbusters II said:

Hopefully Bond smokes cigarettes once more. It's the whole appeal of the character.

He was last seen to do so in DAD (Brosnan cigar-smoking in Cuba). Seems unlikely that Craig will do so after 4 films of not doing it, although it is noticeable that his Bond's use (abuse?) of alcohol in order to cope with the job is the most explicit of all of them.    

1 hour ago, dougie said:

People hated it because they expect Craig movies to be all dark and disturbing.

Here's the thing. I like the dark and disturbing realistic and relatable Bond AKA Quantum of Solace, which I enjoyed. I also like the lighter tone with quips and such, but in Specter, it just didn't seem to come together. It was painfully obvious they were trying to lighten the mood and have Craig suddenly do a kind of Moore take on the character and he just isn't suited to it at all.

It's harmless schlock. I just don't hold 007 movies to high standards. Probably because I didn't really grow up with them, rather I held a casual interest in the Brosnan ones and didn't really discover the rest of the series until I bought the complete DVD set in 2008.

3 minutes ago, dougie said:

He shoots baddies, blows shit up, gets in a car chase, fights a scary henchman, roots a hot chick, is tormented by the boss baddie, saves the chick and thinks of England. What else did people want?

This!

3 minutes ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Quantum of Solace is underrated.

This!

17 hours ago, dougie said:

It's harmless schlock. I just don't hold 007 movies to high standards. Probably because I didn't really grow up with them, rather I held a casual interest in the Brosnan ones and didn't really discover the rest of the series until I bought the complete DVD set in 2008.

I think the reason they're held to high standards is because they're the 'daddy/grandaddy' of action-adventure-thriller franchises ... you can see the Bondian influence in the likes of Indiana Jones, Lethal Weapon etc.    

The plot of QOS isn't the problem, the biggest problems lies in the directing and editing choices.  Well, that and the writer's strike made them unable to change the script any further once they started filming