No Time To Die (James Bond #25)

Jay

2 episodes into the BBC's adaptation of John Le Carre's The Night Manager and Tom Hiddleston's undercover operative has already chalked up 2 shags, survived a severe beating and trotted the globe. 

His 'pitch' to be considered for Bond, possibly?   

3 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

He could beef up a bit. It's probably not necessary to go as far as Craig does, though.

Indeed. If he got somewhere in the middle and not go all the way to CR. I never think of Bond as muscle-bound like Craig seemed to be in CR (at least compared to the Bond we had before in Brosnan).

Thing is I don't think Hiddleston's been mentioned by the bookies has he? But then the bookies are...curious creatures. I bet Harry Styles has an outside shot.

• 2 months later...

As a lifelong fan of Stargate and now a big fan of Saving Hope, for a few years I've been sold on the next Bond should be Michael Shanks. He is one of those guys who looks better with age. He has the looks, the charm, the wit, and he's a damn fine actor too. 

12006michael-shanks1.jpg

CVKpdztU8AAB_4h.jpg

We've had an Australian Bond. But nationality doesn't concern me really. I bet some Americans are mad at a British Batman, British Superman, British Spiderman. And one of the most iconic American characters on TV; House, is of course as English as you can get. 

Also main LOTR cast of Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, all Americans. All pulled off English perfectly well.

Only 3 Bonds of the 6 Bonds have been English:

Sean Connery is Scottish.

George Lazenby is Australian

Roger Moore is English

Timothy Dalton is English

Pierce Brosnan is Irish

Daniel Craig is English.

SPECTRE goes to show no matter how good your director is, with a shit script you're fucked. On the other hand, the reverse can sometimes work out. It all starts with the basics.

Someone like Bryan Fuller should get the screenwriting gig. He did wonders with Hannibal.

9 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Sean Connery is Scottish.

George Lazenby is Australian

Roger Moore is English

Timothy Dalton is English

Pierce Brosnan is Irish

Daniel Craig is English.

The Aussie Bond didn't work out, as we all know.

Bond should be played by an actor from the British Isles, not a North American.

49 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The Aussie Bond didn't work out, as we all know.

I didn't know that GL didn't work out. So that would have made him a pudgy Bond. Tell me, could I play Bond? I don't work out either.