No Time To Die (James Bond #25)

Jay

I'm sure Not Mr Big must've had his reasons for singling out the Bond producer's name to quote from a post of mine from last September, but I can't for the life of me figure out what they were.

4 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

I'm sure Not Mr Big must've had his reasons for singling out the Bond producer's name to quote from a post of mine from last September, but I can't for the life of me figure out what they were.

I was skimming through posts and thought that "Barbara Broccoli" was a fake name you created for that specific example.  Apologies to Barbara Broccoli and her family.

1 hour ago, dougie said:

Why doesn't EON branch out and make other sorts of movies?

Like that terrible Jynx spin off that thankfully got cancelled?

They make shitloads of money with James Bond. 

Yeah - Bond is an enormously valuable franchise. And truth be told, these films are a bit of a headache to make. God knows it needs all the energies of Barbara to get one right.

Look at Kathy - she tried to flood the market with 3rd rate product and shit the bed.

19 hours ago, dougie said:

Why doesn't EON branch out and make other sorts of movies?

Well, there was the romantic drama 'Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool' a couple of years ago. 

And there's the upcoming 'The Rhythm Section' ... an, erm, espionage action-thriller 😆.   

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Bond 25 is his first Bond movie in his 50s.  Approaching Roger Moore territory!  Although Moore was all about putting in the minimum effort for physical fitness.  Whereas Craig looks like he spends minimum 7 hours a day with his personal trainer and probably has some crazy muscle building diet.  He's the beefcake Bond.

Daniel Craig looks like he spends all day working out, tanning and getting waxed. Previous Bonds had more realistic and relatable slim figures with hairy chests. But now because Daniel Craig walks around in a speedo, Bond has been validated as serious entertainment.