2010's will be Williams' best decade?

Joni Wiljami

7 hours ago, hornist said:

Well, whatever I write it is Ugh from you

Nonsense, we are allies in this thread and have been frequently elsewhere!

Forever united in the just cause of saving The Book Thief's reputation...so that there once will be hundreds of Book Thiefs to look forward to!!

2 hours ago, publicist said:

I would love to have him on a Stephen Frears, Jacques Audiard, Stone again or even Morricone's Tornatore: directors of a certain age who aren't afraid of film music like so many of the younger ones but also make movies about something.

Does Stone still have any of that "spark" left in him though?  His 9/11 movie was an inspirational drama about firefighters.  

Savages might have made for an interesting Williams score.

W. could have been interesting too.   A mix of Nixon, Munich, and 1941.  

Imagine Williams scoring a Wes Anderson or Lars von Trier movie. Michael Haneke or Paul Thomas Anderson. Martin Scorsese. Alfonso Cuarón. Mike Newell. David Yates.

wait.

Hope not. There all overrated.

This is a little bit off the (brilliant)  topic too but the bashing of the Book Thief is funny.

Coming from the people who think that the greatest war film is Top Gun.

You need to go out some day, there is a wonderful thing called Sun, you should see it.

The Book Thief is seen trough the eyes of teenager girl, I have three daughters and always undergo

this film through them. The madness of the war is so present and the breathing getting very difficult.

Williams' score reaches this feeling brilliantly. I do not know how he does it.

Master.

23 hours ago, artguy360 said:

Edit: Wow, that "review" of Book Thief is ridiculous. 

It doesn't qualify as an actual "review" just because you disagree with it? It's called an opinion, buddy.

8 hours ago, artguy360 said:

I don't mind the opinion. I consider Book Thief to be one of JW's weaker scores in the 2000s although it's got nice moments. But those 3 short paragraphs are not what I expect when I read a review of a new music album. It barely discusses any specific cues or really much of the music at all. I expect more from album reviews, even if the album gets a poor review.

I actually specifically mention 3 cues. But sorry, next time I'll consult the official rule book for writing album reviews. 

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

I actually specifically mention 3 cues. But sorry, next time I'll consult the official rule book for writing album reviews. 

Clearly you don't like my opinion of your review, but yes you probably should read a few album reviews from say Rolling Stone of The New York Times. They usually do a good job with major album releases that leave the reader satisfied whether they agree with the review or not. 

I'm never satisfied with either of those.  

I can count on one hand the number of people in history who can "satisfy" by reviewing the work of another person.  

8 hours ago, artguy360 said:

Clearly you don't like my opinion of your review, but yes you probably should read a few album reviews from say Rolling Stone of The New York Times. They usually do a good job with major album releases that leave the reader satisfied whether they agree with the review or not. 

I don't care about the opinion of the review, but you claimed it didn't do something that it very clearly did. 

52 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I don't care about the opinion of the review, but you claimed it didn't do something that it very clearly did. 

Mention a few tracks? Yeah you mention a few tracks.