Which, of these choices, is your favorite Indiana Jones Track?

ColonelVogel

What's your favorite Indiana Jones composition?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which track is your favorite of these choices?

• Raiders March
    • The Map Room: Dawn/The Miracle of the Ark
    • Slave Children's Crusade
    • Temple of Doom End Credits
    • Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra
    • Alarm! (Nazi's March)
    • The Keeper of the Grail
    • Finale and End Credits

I've picked my favorite tunes from the IJ original 3, and wonder what everyone else's favorite is.

Here are links to the themes:

Raiders March: 

The Map Room: Dawn:

The Miracle of the Ark:

Slave Children's Crusade:

ToD End Credits: 

Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra:

Alarm!:

The Keeper of the Grail:

Finale and End Credits:

Disregarding the fact that these are tracks, not songs, my favourite -- "Only the Penitant Will Pass" -- is not on the list.

Of these choices...probably The Map Room: Dawn. Raiders March comes very close to winning out, but of course it suffers from being overplayed. All of these cues are brilliant, of course, as are a great many others written for these three films. Among my many favorites not represented here:

* the first four (!) cues from Raiders

* "Pffist Fight"

* the three desert chase cues from Raiders

* "Out of Fuel"

* "The Walls Come Down"

* the action music from the opening sequence of TLC

Just to name a few.

2 hours ago, loert423 said:

They're all bloody brilliant tbh.

But I went with TOD End Credits. It's got my favourite version of The Slave Children's Crusade and my favourite version of the Love Theme (film version!).

Do you mean 2:23 to 2:43? If you do, that is my favorite part of that track as well.  The reason I like TLC's end credits more is mainly due to 0:40 to 1:05.

3 hours ago, loert423 said:

But I went with TOD End Credits. It's got my favourite version of The Slave Children's Crusade and my favourite version of the Love Theme (film version!).

And you've got to love Indy sharing his theme a little with Short Round!

8 hours ago, loert said:

Me too. It was tough, but I chose TOD end credits, for the same reasons you mentioned. 

For now I'm going with Slave Children's Crusade. Left the longest impression on me since seeing the film as a kid but also when I rented from the local library that John Williams 1969-1999 CD where I found myself re-listening to it quite often.

On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 4:07 PM, artguy360 said:

Finale and End Credits from Crusade is just fantastic. It's got everything I want from Indy music.

It doesn't have the beauty of TOD.

So no it doesn't have everything one would want from Indy Music.

• 6 years later...

Well since it's been bumped, I voted for "Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra." I was pronouncing it "SHARE-tso" for years (silently, to myself) until I finally learned the correct pronunciation.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Basket Game is great but it gets as close to "silly music" as I can handle. It's like he was practicing for Ewoks.

It's "comedy" tracks like The Snake Pit that veer way too far into that "silly music" territory for my liking (and it doesn't help that the scene itself is excruciatingly bad, from writing to execution).

I also can't stand the Ewok material in ROTJ.

God help me, but I love "Slave Children's Crusade."  It's a rare Williams track I encountered out of context, not having seen Temple of Doom for over a decade when I heard it, and thus it became emblematic of everything the series "stood for" without reminding me of any particular moments from the film (in this case, probably a good thing).  Even now, having re-watched the film as an adult, this piece conjures up indistinct impressions of dangerous tombs, dark tunnels, and regally mysterious but menacing chambers, ceremonies, landscapes, and cultures.  I don't hear it as heroic at all, despite its resemblance to the bridge of the Olympic theme.  For me, it's the unwritten score to the Indiana Jones Find Your Fate books that captivated me as a child.