John Debney's The Jungle Book (2016)

Jwfan2234

Spotify is $9.99 a month and you can listen to basically every new film score that comes out on it.

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Good idea. It's not worth it.

If the re-recording of Bruns' theme was longer I would definetly get it. But as it is, it's quite an eclectic all over the place score. The film is nice though.

Anyone who feels they're too good to listen to the commercials that pepper free Spotify. Some people here do have enough money to burn on drivel. The complete lack of limited label soundtracks on Spotify make even its free service a waste of hard drive space, and its paid service a waste of good beer money. 

2 hours ago, Woj said:

The complete lack of limited label soundtracks on Spotify make even its free service a waste of hard drive space, and its paid service a waste of good beer money. 

That's not completely true:

Disney fanfare in main tiles! On Spotify. Where is iTunes link for us?

Anyone know if the Theme in the first teaser at the end  made it in the soundtrack 

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

The parts that are quotes of George Bruns' original score are fantastic. I'll go see the movie before making any kind of judgment calls on Debney's original stuff.

Yeah, apart from the main titles I really like the quotes on his intro material for the Kaa scene (in the '67 version is the solo flute material that sounds before Kaa starts singing Trust in Me). I remember watching the movie and thinking it was a cool choice of scoring for a modern movie.

Apart from those two is there anything else? It's a shame they didn't feature My Own Home. Bruns' did some wonderful arrangements of that throughout his score. They're probably saving for the sequel I imagine.

The new arrangements of the songs are utter bullshit though, they took all that made them sound jungle-like. Now it's like a standard jazz ensamble playing in a hotel lobby.

Trust in Me is the only one that manages to sound acceptable. 

On 4/16/2016 at 9:53 PM, Michael said:

Trust in Me is the only one that manages to sound acceptable. 

Really? I hated the ScarJo version of 'Trust in Me.' She's supposed to sound seductive but her performance was just narcoleptic/bored.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Really? I hated the ScarJo version of 'Trust in Me.'

He was talking about the stuff without words in the background I believe.

• 1 month later...

Watched this film yesterday for the second time and still find it pretty fantastic.

Good adaption of the base story, looks incredible and the music works wonders for it.

Definitely my favourite film of 2016 so far.

I've been trying to find the section in the "Monkey Song" that Debney used as King Louie's theme.

It was there quite obviously in the film, but I can't seem to find it in either the new or old versions of the song.

What am I missing?

That section sounds quite like something from Aladdin, which I find a bit bizarre.

Did Menken write something similar to Jungle Book or did Debney add something similar to Menken? 

They showed a trailer for the new Tarzan as well. Looks potentially fun.

By David Yates and music by Rupert Gregson-Williams though.

What are the chances it'll live up to its potential or be even half as amazing as The Jungle Book is?

• 1 month later...

I'm revisiting this soundtrack this morning and the opening chords of "Wolves - Law of the Jungle" struck me as so similar to the chord progression in the verses of "Colors of the Wind" from the Disney Pocahontas movie. The "You think you own whatever land you land on" melody.  It's all I can hear now.

I'm probably just crazy.