BloodBoal

A shit joke it may be, but in any case: why would MGM be making two of the films, given they only had international distribution rights for The Hobbit? Just leave it as WB for all surely?

Also, an 'Adventures of Tauriel' would have made it far more believable.

Exactly 1 Star Wars film per year is the same as 6 comic book movies a year?  How do you figure?

LotR enthusiast 'SafeUnderHill' doesn't seem to realise that Star Wars, by virtue of being John Williams' flagship work in film, is the default mainstay franchise on JWFan.com. Maybe setting up camp in the now obsolete LotR subforum for the past 3 years is the reason why.  

To me his implied complaint is like a person joining a gardening forum for its DIY section and eventually taking issue with the constant gardening chat.  

People joke but it's only a matter of time before we do get more Middle-earth films from WB. Looks at Fantastic Beasts of you don't believe me. 

Oh it will surely happen before too long (more films). It has the potential to be a reasonably positive thing in the right hands (I said reasonably), but most likely won't due to a number of horrible choices. If we benefit from a couple more Shore M-E scores (by no means a certainty) then at least some good will come of it.

One thing I definitely would do, if I were Warner, is not flood the market. Release one every two or three years, especially if you intend them to be standalone efforts.

4 hours ago, Woj said:

Shadow of Mordor could end up being an excellent movie based on a video game... 

I haven't finished the game but the story struck me as being pretty weak.  Yet another game where the plot is primarily fueled by the noble main character's thirst for revenge. 

At times I've given brief thought to a decent story for a War in the North duology or trilogy, culminating in the siege of Dale/Erebor, and while there are certain characters and events you can weave in, devising a coherent narrative around it is nigh-on impossible without inventing some intense bollocks. Elladan and Elrohir would be good bets for main characters, but no doubt they'd invent an Elf (or just have Tauriel) as a love interest for the pair, and we'd get an intense and tragic love triangle, as one or more perish in the final battle (you just know they'd add Elves to it. They couldn't not).

SUH, the graphic in the main post is a direct parody of a similar graph showing all the comic book movies coming out through 2020. Your comparison to Star Wars makes no sense because, as I said, Disney is only releasing exactly one Star Wars film per year.

I think the War in the North is the most likely. Gives them a chance to bring back characters like Thrabduil, Tauriel, Dain, Galadriel etc. You could have ringwraiths and all sorts. 

2 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

I think the War in the North is the most likely. Gives them a chance to bring back characters like Thrabduil, Tauriel, Dain, Galadriel etc. You could have ringwraiths and all sorts. 

It's the 'all sorts' that concern me... (well, that and Tauriel of course)

Geez,SUH!

Here's the comic book graphic being parodied.

CA_Supermovies_3-1-2016.jpg

Do you get it now?