The Great Logo Music Showdown of 2016

Datameister

The time has come, friends. Let us embrace wholeheartedly that oft-neglected cousin of the film score proper: studio logo music. Countless composers have contributed to this genre, producing few-second-long compositions that range in quality from awful to awe-inspiring. Let's figure out which one we like best.

To qualify, the composition must be found at the start of multiple films, i.e., it cannot have been written uniquely for use in a specific film (though those cues can be stupendous as well). For clarity, it would be best to include YouTube links where possible, since many studios have used different cues over the years.

I open the floor for nominations! A poll will follow. Or not, if no one gives a shit.

As for me, I nominate Goldsmith's Universal logo. Utter brilliance. Many outstanding logo cues exist, but if I could only listen to one for the rest of my life, this would be it.

Discuss!

3 hours ago, Datameister said:

As for me, I nominate Goldsmith's Universal logo. Utter brilliance. Many outstanding logo cues exist, but if I could only listen to one for the rest of my life, this would be it.

Probably my favourite of them all.

10 minutes ago, loert said:

The Maestro himself. ;)

Wow! I knew Williams had scored a Dreamworks logo, but I didn't realize it was the main one! I did enjoy that music even before I knew it was Williams, I'll like it even more now :)

Also, this is unrelated, but what is the music in your signature?

Let's just say that if you're in the cinema, and you hear brass instruments playing a sus2/4 chord, you're probably listening to Williams. :)