Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Demon Souls Music Thread

DarthDementous

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's by Motoi Sakuraba, I like his music for the Tales games , Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean.But these are more cheerful games

@king mark, @Koray Savas

all of Dark Souls 1 was done by Motoi Sakuraba, most of it was done by Yuka Kimitura in Dark Souls 3 but there are still Sakuraba tracks.

I'll post some of my favourites to give you an idea. it seems to have a pretty unique aesthetic at the very least. these certainly aren't cheery tracks but some of them have a mythical and ancient quality to them that I kind of adore.

this last one is more traditional Dark Souls boss scoring. a lot of it sounds fairly generic and blends together but this one stands out rather nicely to me.

that should be enough for now. I have a feeling I'm not completely crazy for appreciating these soundtracks so maybe you'll find something to like.

I prefer the Bloodborne score because there the bosstracks almost all sound distinct

but I can understand why a mostly battle theme soundtrack doesnt go well with most

11 hours ago, MedigoScan said:

I prefer the Bloodborne score because there the bosstracks almost all sound distinct

but I can understand why a mostly battle theme soundtrack doesnt go well with most

I've heard a lot of people like Lady Maria and the First Hunter but those don't stand out for me. the only bosses I can distinguish by music are the Cleric Beast and Ludwig yet I've listened to them all. I definitely prefer Dark Souls 3 yet there's a lot of hype for the Bloodborne soundtrack that I unfortunately don't feel. that being said Ludwig's theme is one of my favourite of all of Soulsborne.