Gloria Cheng Interview

Tom

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

As mentioned on the main page, the recent Indy Cast is devoted to an interview with Gloria Cheng.  Perhaps Richard is too humble to mention it, but she discusses the important role JWfan played in helping her Kickstarter campaign for Montage.

I didn't listen to the whole interview, thanks for pointing that out!

Thanks Ricard for posting the podcast link. 

Yes, Gloria was quite thankful of being at the top of the site for a while! It was cool to hear how that worked out.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

she discusses the important role JWfan played in helping her Kickstarter campaign for Montage.

I love that part of the interview :)

"I was unaware that John Williams is a rock star" (Gloria Cheng) :thumbup:

I loved this interview so much! Nice to hear so many great insights from Gloria Cheng. The hosts were great (I thought the "fan-gasm" after Cheng left the podcast was hilarious!) I think I'm going to have to listen to some of the other episodes. And it was interesting to hear Cheng mentioning how JWFan helped in making "Montage" popular - that was actually how I came to know about the project, before I became a member here.

I believe she mentions wanting to hear Randy Newman himself perform the pieces he composed for her, well here he is performing one of the movements on George Gershwin's piano at the Library of Congress:

This is clearly off-the-cuff and unrehearsed, but still neat.

All around a fascinating talk with some keen insight into the music of not only John Williams but other composers represented on the Montage album. And you have to love the Cheng's little shout out to JWFan, which Ricard's site surely deserves as the first and foremost fan and news site for the "rock star" Maestro.