Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack breakdown and cue analysis

EdC

Here's my analysis post and "disassembly" of the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack:

http://cuebycue.blogspot.com/2016/05/star-wars-ep-iii-revenge-of-sith.html

I think there's some fantastic writing here, really gut-wrenching and beautiful, but I still think I like the themes from Episodes I and II better...probably a taste thing.  Some of the stuff here is really sophisticated but not really developed as a thematic device, such as the "creepy theme" in Padme's Ruminations.  I freakin' LOVE that, especially when the organ comes in!  I wish he'd developed that more somehow....  I also wish he'd put together a concert version of Grievous' themes, I can imagine that being lots of fun.  Anyways, there's probably some mistakes here, I'll be correcting as the days go by.... 

Now, if all goes according to the OT schedule we should have complete versions of the prequel movies by 2019...

• 10 months later...

Of course, I shouldn't be surprised that THIS score has about a million different threads. Hard to know which one to ressurect.

Up to this now, and I still can't get into this score. It probably rates next-to-last in my STAR WARS list (only FORCE AWAKENS is after). Whimsical and lacking in focus, IMO. But I haven't "nerded" about it as much as you all. "Battle of the Heroes" is fine, but a pale shadow to "Duel of the Fates".

BUT....it has several great tracks. I love the abstract textures of "Palpatine's Teachings", for example.

21 minutes ago, Thor said:

Of course, I shouldn't be surprised that THIS score has about a million different threads. Hard to know which one to ressurect.

Probably one with multiple pages of general discussion of the score, rather than one focusing on one one guy's analysis that only got 1 reply.

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17830-rate-star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/