Alan Silvestri's THE AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (2018)

Muad'Dib

Aah :)

I wasn't planning to go see it at midnight. But my mates talked me into it. Which always makes it more fun even if the film isn't any good.

Karol

We are going to see it Saturday (in a planned triple feature with Ready Player One and A Quiet Place, although that may need adjustment depending on whether RPO is still there when the schedule comes out for the theater's non-Avengers movies).

Because I'm flying to Chicago from the UK on wednesday to see Williams in concert, I've decided to see Avengers in Chicago before I leave. I've always wanted to see a big blockbuster in a US cinema. I actually want to have that loud, cheering, laughing, shouting experience that a packed US screen will provide. Here in England it's much more reserved.

5 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Because I'm flying to Chicago from the UK on wednesday to see Williams in concert, I've decided to see Avengers in Chicago before I leave. I've always wanted to see a big blockbuster in a US cinema. I actually want to have that loud, cheering, laughing, shouting experience that a packed US screen will provide. Here in England it's much more reserved.

I wonder if you will get that experience. Though people do clap. But it won't compare to Star Wars.

The  most memorable was TFA. When Rey caught the light saber opening night... the theater erupted. I thought there was an explosion. Like literally screaming and shouting and hollering like at a football match.

15 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

I think it depends on the crowd in any given night.  Our crowd for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi were big reactors.  The crowd for Rogue One, not as much.  As far as Marvel in recent memory, people whooped it up at Black Panther and Guardians 2 but were pretty laid back for Civil War, Spider-man, and Doctor Strange.

Who wants to see a movie with a loud crowd? other than laughing at the occasional joke, I'd very much appreciate silence in the theater.

I'll wait a week or so to see it, much like I did with The Last Jedi.

Let the nerd-to-square-meter ratio go down a bit, first.

7 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I think it depends on the crowd in any given night.  Our crowd for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi were big reactors.  The crowd for Rogue One, not as much.  As far as Marvel in recent memory, people whooped it up at Black Panther and Guardians 2 but were pretty laid back for Civil War, Spider-man, and Doctor Strange.

When I saw Black Panther, I sat behind the most annoying man in the entire world.  He felt the need to explain, at normal talking volume, every single larger MCU connection/easter egg to his girlfriend.  During the movie!  Because I am a person who can't handle confrontation, I just moved after a while.

On 19/04/2018 at 5:45 PM, Stefancos said:

Its an allusion to literature.

Dumas, i think.

Alexandre Dumbass! :lol:

15 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

You'll like the atmosphere.

I saw BATMAN in its second day, in the USA. When the Batwing flew up through the clouds, and was silhouetted against the moon, people stood up and applauded.

41 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

When I saw Black Panther, I sat behind the most annoying man in the entire world.  He felt the need to explain, at normal talking volume, every single larger MCU connection/easter egg to his girlfriend.  During the movie!  Because I am a person who can't handle confrontation, I just moved after a while.

Yeah, the fun atmosphere can easily turn to "so relaxed that I talk the whole time or take a phone call," which is a big frustration.

I hate the cinema experience because of people talking and disrespecting everyone who wants to watch the film. But I see these reaction videos on youtube of american crowds going crazy and really getting into a big blockbuster. And considering I'm not exactly artistically interested in Avengers, just as a piece of mindless entertainment, I actually want to be part of the big and loud US crowd on opening weekend.  

I saw the first Avengers in India and it was WILD. I'll say this in the nicest possible way - the girl sitting next to me was beyond enthusiastic. She was there with her boyfriend and was screaming throughout as if she was on a rollercoaster. 

The scene where Loki throws Downey out the window and he puts on the suit mid-fall, she let out such an orgiastic cry I thought she had been fingered by her boyfriend or something. I could actually hear her moaning and did not want to turn to look at her.

But yeah... I guess people get excited...

Um......time to cancel that preorder?

http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/35413/AVENGERS-INFINITY-WAR/

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (PRE-ORDER) (CD)
Composed by: Alan Silvestri, Mark Mothersbaugh, Michael Giacchino, Various

PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of May 18, 2018 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.

Evil despot Thanos is on his way to collecting all six Infinity Stones, and that could spell the end of life on Earth-unless the Avengers can band together to stop him. This soundtrack to the spectacular new Avengers film features a dazzling new score by Alan Silvestri, who composed the music for "Back to the Future," "Forrest Gump," the 2012 Avengers movie and more! Hollywood.

1 Ancient Sorcerer's Secret Michael Giacchino
2 I Believe I Can Fly R. Kelly
3 Let's Go Away for Awhile the Beach Boys
4 Footloose Kenny Loggins
5 One Touch (Feat. Alunageorge and Rae Sremmurd)
6 Mata Oh a Eh Dr. Alban
7 Heartaches By the Number Ray Price & Vince Gill
8 (If You're Not in It for Love) I'm Outta Here! Shania Twain
9 Thor: Ragnarok Mark Mothersbaugh
10 Safari (Feat. Pharrell Williams, Bia & Sky) J Balvin
11 Can't Tell Me Nothing Kanye & Young Jeezy
12 Cookie Thumper! Die Antwoord
13 Centuries Fall Out Boy
14 Thunder Imagine Dragons
15 Beat It Michael Jackson
16 Rise Flobots

well I saw the movie

and It did use one piece of source music for the Guardians' first scene

and also the Black Panther theme

but I dont see either on that list!

13 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

considering I'm not exactly artistically interested in Avengers, just as a piece of mindless entertainment, I actually want to be part of the big and loud US crowd on opening weekend.  

You've got The Avengers (or Marvel, for that matter) all wrong.

If you look at it as an action-comedy (at least, the existing entries) than its a freaking work of art.

Honestly it was hard to pick up any new themes in this movie, so I cant compare it to the trailer music

I didnt hear the captain america theme either (or I missed it)

But I did hear the lead-in to the avengers theme

On 24/4/2018 at 4:20 AM, TheUlyssesian said:

I wonder if you will get that experience. Though people do clap. But it won't compare to Star Wars.

The  most memorable was TFA. When Rey caught the light saber opening night... the theater erupted. I thought there was an explosion. Like literally screaming and shouting and hollering like at a football match.

That sounds like torture. 

It's now Friday in New Zealand, so the digital OST is up for sale there!

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/avengers-infinity-war-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1375728446

313x0w.jpg

3000x3000 cover: click

1 The Avengers 0:25
2 Travel Delays (Extended) 4:43
3 Undying Fidelity 5:05
4 No More Surprises 4:04
5 He Won't Come Out (Extended) 3:39
6 Field Trip 3:36
7 Wake Him Up 4:04
8 We Both Made Promises (Extended) 4:27
9 Help Arrives (Extended) 5:38
10 Hand Means Stop/You Go Right (Extended) 7:18
11 One Way Ticket 3:27
12 Family Affairs (Extended) 5:37
13 What More Could I Lose? (Extended) 5:07
14 A Small Price 3:17
15 Even for You 2:15
16 Morning After 2:08
17 Is He Always Like This? 3:23
18 More Power 4:07 
19 Charge! 3:28
20 Forge 4:22
21 Catch 6:04
22 Haircut and Beard (Extended) 3:51
23 A Lot to Figure Out (Extended) 3:08
24 The End Game (Extended) 2:34
25 Get That Arm/I Feel You (Extended) 4:45
26 What Did It Cost? (Extended) 3:35
27 Porch 0:59
28 Infinity War 2:35
29 Old Tech 1:06
30 End Credits 7:31

TOTAL TIME - 1 hour, 56 minutes

So the digital version is maybe around 30-45 minutes longer than the physical CD coming out in 3 weeks.

The 70 or whatever minute CD version coming out on May 8th will really feel anticlimactic after having this 2 hour version for 3 weeks first.

Thats a pretty sweet deal, I figured they would microedit a lot of tracks for the CD release what with how much music there is

and yeah why does the CD release take so long anyway?

even taking into account the sped-up movie release date

It actually takes a long time to press thousands of copies to plastic and print booklets, assembled them and wrap them in shrinkwrap, and get them into stores nationwide (and worldwide) so they can all begin selling on the same day.

Kind of wonder why they bother releasing a CD if they're releasing an extended digital version (which I assume will be most of the score) several weeks prior.

Goes with my belief that a CD release some time after a digital release is really nothing to celebrate if it doesn't contain any extra music. (yes, I'm also making a slight dig at the hoopla surround Intrada's recent CD premieres)

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Kind of wonder why they bother releasing a CD if they're releasing an extended digital version (which I assume will be most of the score) several weeks prior.

Goes with my belief that a CD release some time after a digital release is really nothing to celebrate if it doesn't contain any extra music. (yes, I'm also making a slight dig at the hoopla surround Intrada's recent CD premieres)

Yeah, the digital version should be a 60-70 minutes programme and the album should be the full score if that’s the way they’re going .

32 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Yeah, the digital version should be a 60-70 minutes programme and the album should be the full score if that’s the way they’re going .

I dont think its the full score, considering the movie is even longer than 2 hours

but based on the titles, its only missing some minor scenes or battle transitions

Off the top of my head, this looks like it's mostly chronological, except for the track 1, which is the main title.

I don't remember when exactly that appeared in the film. Track 29 looks like it's for the post-credits scene, so that should go after track 30.

If anyone has a more detailed list, I'd love to see it!