Williams confirmed for INDIANA JONES 5

Ricard

Nice! If he can keep up and remain healthy, I'm all for it. My grandpa is around the same age and he still makes drawings for sale, and he doesn't nearly have the same doctors at his disposal as the likes of Williams :D And he really loves chocolate and everything sweet and sugary, so not a pioneer of healthy living :D

3 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

Good news if only because it grants us another Williams score in mystic/religioso adventure mode, which is rarely a bad thing. 

Yet another magical score to compliment the latest David Koepp adventure. ;)

Karol

2 minutes ago, king mark said:

So he's basically confirmed for Ep 8 and Indy

Lets hope he doesn't die on us now

Was waiting for this cheery remark from King Mark. Cheers for being on time mate. 

2 hours ago, king mark said:

So he's basically confirmed for Ep 8 and Indy

Lets hope he doesn't die on us now

Why would he? It's very seldom I see that old artist that good looking as he was in the AFI.

For Indy 5... meh!!

anything else please!

31 minutes ago, hornist said:

For Indy 5... meh!!

anything else please!

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would just like to emphasize how fortunate we are to continue to be getting new Williams scores in general. I'll take anything I can get at this point.

8 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would just like to emphasize how fortunate we are to continue to be getting new Williams scores in general. I'll take anything I can get at this point.

Of couse I understand this but if I could choose it would be something else.

I love this time we are having so many quality scores by Johnny

I've always liked Indiana Jones more than Star Wars.

Imagine having another score as good as The Force Awakens, but featuring the Raiders March instead.

And Indy plus Star Wars in the same year? That would just be a wealth of riches like I would hardly dare hope for!

I love the scores to Raiders TOD and Kotcs. Even Least Crusade but to a lesser degree.

Let's face it, if KOTCS wasn't such a cruddy film, the score would've been far superior to what it was.

I've got no idea what film Williams was scoring when he wrote Call of the Crystal, but it sure as hell wasn't KOTCS! It's easily more evocative of an ancient evil than anything Spielberg conveyed in that mess of a film.

It's better but ....

John's score for KOTCS was Goldsmith like in that it was far far better than the film. 

7 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

It's better but ....

John's score for KOTCS was Goldsmith like in that it was far far better than the film. 

JW's been doing that for half his career!

5 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

I hope JW brings TFA levels of energy and inspiration to Indy 5. KOTCS was his blandest score of the 2000s, even more so than Book Thief. 

Yep, flat writing, pretty uninspired themes, and a disappointing performance; all reflective of the movie.

Horrible OST track selection too, which didn't help impressions of the score.

6 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

I hope JW brings TFA levels of energy and inspiration to Indy 5. KOTCS was his blandest score of the 2000s, even more so than Book Thief. 

What? It was a very good score. 

1 minute ago, JoeinAR said:

What? It was a very good score. 

I am bored by the KOTCS score. the Skull theme is a b-tier motif that JW stretches out into an entire concert piece just by repeating it while increasing the volume. Irina's Theme is kind of slinky but also kind of flat. The Adventures of Mutt is ok but not memorable, and the rest is just uninteresting. Except for that little variation on the Indy theme near the end of the end credits, the entire score lacks freshness or energy.

It's better that aotc which is the worst Williams score of this century. Except for maybe ROTS.

And it's better than Least Crusade.

Score wise

20 hours ago, Stefancos said:

No Spielberg film is 100% confirmed untill they actually start shooting!

I know and I agree, but just saying it feels like this is the furthest he's planned ahead in awhile. Usually we hear that he's vaguely in talks for things, but most of these projects have started casting with planned release dates. Of course so was Robopocalypse...

Ready Player One seems really far along, though, if they've already got Williams planned to start in November. The Edgardo Mortara thing will be the kind of quickly produced Bridge of Spies/Munich deal that Spielberg does in his sleep so I'm not sure I see a cancellation for that coming and I don't see Tony Kushner running into screenplay problems late in the game. Novel adaptation, drama with religious/political themes....it's his wheelhouse.

And I guess we'll see on Indy, I think it's unlikely that Spielberg will back out, though, after already making the big announcement with a release date (though the latter could always change, and this one could be more likely to run into screenplay trouble.) Again we will see.

6 hours ago, WojinPA said:

What's the age cutoff for a childhood trilogy? I didn't see all three Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies until about 1995. 

I watched the Star Wars trilogy when I was 17.