Sign in to follow this  
Nic Cage Fugue

Greetings

Just wanted to say hi from Los Angeles. Over the past couple days I've been enthusiastically reading this fine forum and thought it was time to join. 

Been a big film/TV/game score fan for a long time. First soundtrack I remember actually owning and listening to on my own is Jerry Goldsmith's Explorers. But of course I always loved the earlier Star Wars and Indy scores from our friend JW, fandom that really grew to a fever pitch during my high school years, when I discovered the Star Wars Trilogy Soundtrack Anthology Box Set. What a Christmas gift that was! It was around that time that I really started paying attention to the scores in the movies I watched, and fell in love with the work of Williams, Horner, Morricone, Poledouris, Goldsmith, you get the picture. 

Anyway, I had been looking for an active forum that talked about many of the new scores being recorded from all sorts of composers, and after my couple days of reading here, I think I'm home. Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome!

As for game scores, oh boy, where to start. I will say that lately I've been loving the Journey and Assassin's Creed Syndicate scores by Austin Wintory. Been telling my game-loving friends to enjoy Wintory's music while they can because it's only a matter of time before Hollywood swoops him up Giacchino-style. Speaking of MG, I am a big fan of his Medal of Honor scores. I dug the hell out of Patrick Doyle's Puppeteer score from a few years back. What else...the classics, of course - Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear Solid series, Zelda, etc. I could talk about this stuff forever (and probably will) but that should give you an idea of what I'm into. 

20 hours ago, Nic Cage Fugue said:

Thanks for the welcome!

As for game scores, oh boy, where to start. I will say that lately I've been loving the Journey and Assassin's Creed Syndicate scores by Austin Wintory. Been telling my game-loving friends to enjoy Wintory's music while they can because it's only a matter of time before Hollywood swoops him up Giacchino-style. Speaking of MG, I am a big fan of his Medal of Honor scores. I dug the hell out of Patrick Doyle's Puppeteer score from a few years back. What else...the classics, of course - Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear Solid series, Zelda, etc. I could talk about this stuff forever (and probably will) but that should give you an idea of what I'm into. 

I wasn't aware that Doyle scored Puppeteer. I skipped the game because it released so close to the PS4's launch. I'll have to check it out.

Giacchino's game scores are incomparable and Wintory is excellent.

Check out Other Topics for the VG thread.