Quintus

America

14 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I miss when Presidents could be complete disasters in terms of personal hygiene.

See 'ol Millard Fillmore with that shitty greasy hair.

Millard_Fillmore_daguerreotype_by_Mathew

Baldwin for 2020!

RashFlickeringHummingbird-size_restricte

43 minutes ago, publicist said:

It's a purely academical prohibition here, everyone can get all kinds of drugs in 5 minutes. It's just more comfortable to buy it at a local grocery.

This was already the case here, and I believe in most places in the US as well. Anyone who wanted weed could easily get access already. Legalization just allows the government to actually enforce tangible regulations and control distribution.

With that said, there've been some pretty crazy street parties happening in the city in celebration. We're taking after the Dutch for the day!

On 10/16/2018 at 5:26 PM, Disco Stu said:

I miss when Presidents could be complete disasters in terms of personal hygiene.

See 'ol Millard Fillmore with that shitty greasy hair.

Millard_Fillmore_daguerreotype_by_Mathew

Alec Baldwin really let himself go

On 10/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, KK said:

Baldwin for 2020!

RashFlickeringHummingbird-size_restricte

Damn, I should have read the last page before posting 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

When did weed become so acceptable? I'll bet the people fake coughing around cigarette smokers glamorize pot. Weed smells like dead skunk.

Both are terrible and shouldn’t be done in public. 

I prefer the smell of pot over that of cigarettes, tbh.

But smoking weed is a really ineffective way to get high.

Just now, Bilbo said:

Both are terrible and shouldn’t be done in public. 

Weed has medical benefits that tobacco doesnt have.

7 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

When did weed become so acceptable? I'll bet the people fake coughing around cigarette smokers glamorize pot. Weed smells like dead skunk.

"Skunk", as it is often referred to, smells like that because it is cut and padded out with shite before hitting the black market. Pure cannabis has a far less pungent odour and I think it smells quite nice. 

17 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I prefer the smell of pot over that of cigarettes, tbh.

But smoking weed is a really ineffective way to get high.

Likewise. Cigarettes are gross. And I prefer booze over weed anyway.

1 hour ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

You must be the only person who voted Green in Quebec! Shocking.

Green? Are you mad???? Over my dead body!!!

9 hours ago, Stefancos said:

You've never voted, i'm sure.

I always vote at Federal and at Provincial level... at the municipal one... not always.

39 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Politics start at home, Bespin Champagne!

I'm a separatist, let me undermine the politics of our Federal Government a bit, geez!

I never voted for a federalist party at the Federal elections... NEVER.

And it's hard to explain.... but in the 90's a Federal "separatist" party existed at the federal level, "The Bloc Québécois" (Bloc, like BLOCK) and even was once the Opposition party for 4 years... yes, Québec people voted for them so much, that it became the Official Opposition of Canada... LOL. The Rest of Canada were FURIOUS. Re-LOL.

They were elected to help the Québec Provincial governement négociations with Canada gov, in the eventuality of the Separation of Québec... But in 1995, Québecers says NO to a Referendum, for a second time...

And now this Federal Separastist Party is almost dead... I don't vote for them anymore.

This is how my story ends. :-(

That's life.

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

I'm a separatist, let me undermine the politics of our Federal Government a bit, geez!

I never voted for a federalist party at the Federal elections... NEVER.

And it's hard to explain.... but in the 90's a Federal "separatist" party existed at the federal level, "The Bloc Québécois" (Bloc, like BLOCK) and even was once the Opposition party for 4 years... yes, Québec people voted for them so much, that it became the Official Opposition of Canada... LOL. The Rest of Canada were FURIOUS. Re-LOL.

They were elected to help the Québec Provincial governement négociations with Canada gov, in the eventuality of the Separation of Québec... But in 1995, Québecers says NO to a Referendum, for a second time...

And now this Federal Separastist Party is almost dead... I don't vote for them anymore.

This is how my story ends. 😞

That's life.

Last time I went to Quebec (Montreal, a year ago) I did not even have to dust off my rusty French. Everyone spoke English to me. 

It was weird. 

I fought back with my rusty French anyway. 

People in tourism, restaurants, hotels etc. are asked to be bilingual. That’s better like this I think. Knowing more than one language is always a plus!