Old JWFAN v New JWFAN

BloodBoal

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Sure, its great, but its got a lot of melancholy to it, ya know?

In these arrangements, sure. But I have a tendency to tune more into the gentle balletic travel the theme has. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Lee should play this at the wedding 

I tried.

----

This seems like a good opportunity to say to Jay that I appreciate his tolerance of my tendency to rile things up sometimes.  I'd never have thought so based on my real world nature, but here in forumland, I just can't seem to help myself and perversely enjoy the sparring.  I mean what I say, as far as opinions go, but of course also remember that, to me, there's nothing personal about it.  My manner of speaking, when translated to type, seems to suffer more than most peoples' by losing almost any indication of tone.  I'm very fond of all of you.

----

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Now that is a good question.

I'm actually wondering who could name all the tracks used in this video. Who here is the true NEOJWFANOR?

Yes, that particular Batman theme statement is a bit short, and sounds pretty much exactly the same as all the other statements in the TDK trilogy, but surely, someone like TGP, who did an in-depth study of these scores and who keeps on claiming they offer far more thematic development than what people believe should be able to find the exact track and give you the answer you're looking for!

The only thing I didn't recognize is the Rule, Britannia! setting and the bit before it, which I assume is part of it?

The Batman motif statement seems to be the one from Without A Rope (or Why Do We Fall?, depending on your source).  I don't recall any other appearances that feature that particular arrangement/balance, and the tamtam on the big chord is also unique to that appearance, I think.

On 7/26/2016 at 8:45 PM, TheWhiteRider said:

The Batman motif statement seems to be the one from Without A Rope (or Why Do We Fall?, depending on your source).  I don't recall any other appearances that feature that particular arrangement/balance, and the tamtam on the big chord is also unique to that appearance, I think.

giphy.gif

Your fame is well deserved, Americaniard. I don't think there's ever been a NeoJWFANer to match you.

On 7/26/2016 at 8:45 PM, TheWhiteRider said:

The only thing I didn't recognize is the Rule, Britannia! setting and the bit before it, which I assume is part of it?

If you mean the bit heard as Stefanus (why didn't I think of that sooner? Damn!) is jumping over the flames, yep, that's part of it.

The Rule, Britannia arrangement is from a score for a relatively obscure film scored by Theodore Shapiro: The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!.

2 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:
2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I suppose i have to be greatful Alvar didn't translate my name to Stefanus.

That's what you were licking between takes I guess.

Hehehe...

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Haven't listened to the score or watched the film yet.

What have you been doing all this time then? 111 days, if I'm not mistaken....

Karol

Damn, I was hoping I'd remember to post those before you came back

I've actually watched both it and The Wind Rises and haven't written about them yet (nor most movies I've seen this yer).  I've been busy man!

7 minutes ago, crocodile said:

What have you been doing all this time then? 111 days, if I'm not mistaken....

Karol

6 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Personal matters, my dear fellow!

Personal Matters? Never heard of that editing suite before. Back when I used to dabble it was all Nero and Windows Movie Maker. 

9 hours ago, Sharkus Malarkus said:

humorSense.gif

You are mostly right, actually. I don't really have a sense of humour, and certainly not the JWFAN kind.

I tried to watch a bit of the video, and couldn't figure out if it was a kick against Zimmer (even as a Zimmer fan, I can laugh at some satire on his behalf, but it's getting rather trite at this point [do you also have any jokes about Horner copying himself?] and one must also consider the source) or if was some sort of satire on this forum. Or something else altogether.

But hey -- kudos for spending so much time on something that apparently everyone but me got! :D

Really? I haven't seen any such 'invasion' here (quite the contrary), but then again I open very few threads. I'll challenge The Grey Pilgrim for that title any day, though. GLADIATOR FIGHT!

18 minutes ago, Thor said:

I tried to watch a bit of the video, and couldn't figure out if it was a kick against Zimmer (even as a Zimmer fan, I can laugh at some satire on his behalf, but it's getting rather trite at this point [do you also have any jokes about Horner copying himself?] and one must also consider the source) or if was some sort of satire on this forum.

It's the later, Thor. The Zimmer vs. Williams battle is just the setting, the backdrop. All done with tongue firmly in cheek, and very different in tone from that tedious 'Zimmer replaces Williams on SW:7' video, which was totally without irony or any affection for Zimmer. The humour here stems from taking a scene that we're all familiar to death with, and then pasting on the various personalities that make up this forum.

I see. I only saw a couple of minutes, and it seemed to be yet another video satirizing over Zimmer (and in a type of humour that only Zimmer haters find funny); I probably missed the point and tone; as usual.

Humour...it is a difficult concept. It is not logical.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

Nothing dramatic.

So now let's get back to talking about movies we don't like and the decline of film music!

Screw that! Ser Beric Dondarion, man

1 hour ago, Sharkus Malarkus said:

It's the later, Thor. The Zimmer vs. Williams battle is just the setting, the backdrop. All done with tongue firmly in cheek, and very different in tone from that tedious 'Zimmer replaces Williams on SW:7' video, which was totally without irony or any affection for Zimmer. The humour here stems from taking a scene that we're all familiar to death with, and then pasting on the various personalities that make up this forum.

That would be the other thing is besides recognizing that it's sending up the "rivalry" as a whole and both sides are taken to hilarious extremes (the Zimmerites hell bent on domination, the JWFans taking grotesque measures in defense), to get the joke you also kinda have to read the forum regularly and pretty much know who everybody is, who pals around with who, who their favorite composers are etc, plus any name changes...

30 minutes ago, Nick Tatopoulos's Beret said:

I appreciated being musically represented by the Elf Man's Batman theme.

And having the Grail theme from TLC to underscore my demise was a nice touch.

17 minutes ago, Fennel Ka said:

Took me out of the film personally. ..

It was meant to be musico-dramatically dissonant yet mournfully noble moment.