Hans Zimmer's The Boss Baby - 2017 Dreamworks Animated Feature Film

Jay

Interesting... I saw that on his Wikipedia page a few days ago, but I didn't think it was actually happening (The LEGO Batman Movie was on there, too, but it had been confirmed by that point that he *wasn't* scoring that one).

Why are you shocked?  He's still scoring Pixar's Incredibles 2 in 2019 and could be scoring Coco for all we know

Because if I think of Giacchino and animation, I think of Pixar.

And when I think of Dreamworks and music, I think of the RC/MV crowd.

And Giacchino isn't one of them.

They've had some fine scores recently such as Rise of the Guardians by Desplat, The Croods by Silvestri, Mr Peabody and Sherman by Elfman, and of course the HTTYD scores by Powell.

Even their RC scores have been pretty good. Antz, Sinbad, Shrek, Chicken Run.

I'm certainly not complaining. It sounded unexpected to me, but not unwelcome. ;)

1 hour ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

NOT Pixar then?

*shock*

Why would you be shocked, Peiter? Both ANTZ and PRINCE OF EGYPT are fine films.

It looks good, but will it be as good as Alec Baldwin's dramatic delivery?

Neither was The Karate Guard, How To Hook Up Your Home Theater, The Ballad of Nessie, or the Prep and Landing stuff

Who would have thought my little message could be so controversial?

The explanation for it is already posted above; nothing worrisome there.

More than anything else, I was amused that Giacchino would make it from a Pixar house composer to Dreamworks.

But I have zero objections to that at all.

And I fully agree that Dreamworks has produced quite a respectable number of very fine films and very fine music.

Certainly nothing to feel bad about. In fact, several RC/MV composers have written some of their best work for Dreamworks films.

No complaints there! Not from my side anyway. ;)

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Neither was The Karate Guard, How To Hook Up Your Home Theater, The Ballad of Nessie, or the Prep and Landing stuff

The what, the what and the what, now?

Feel free to move these posts to a more appropriate spot, since they're of course vastly off topic here.

Anyway, I think the HTML formatting might not agree with my phone.

Whenever I quote anyone, often I cannot use backspace anymore so either I type things right straight away or I cannot correct any mistakes anymore.

I once started typing a message while in the train, but there were a lot of mistakes due to the movement of the train and I could only move them to the end of my post, but not get rid of them.

This was truly bizarre and I ended up accumulating a substantial amount of garbage at the end of that post.

In the end, I gave up and never posted it since it wasn't actually all that important anyway.

There is often also a discrepancy between the visible location of the cursor and the actual one.

This has happened on other fora too though, which is quite annoying but probably related more to my specific phone than the forum software.

Lastly, when I want to edit any posts, I can do so, but the Save button is unresponsive, so I cannot commit those changes.

All in all, not very convenient. Good thing I don't usually post all that often.

Wow.  I use mobile all the time and have never had those problems!

What phone are you using, which version of its operating sytem, and which web browser are you using?

It's as a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with.... I assume an up to date version of the default operating system (Android) and the default web browser.

Why?

I've got to admit I'm quite happy with my iPod, but being required to use iTunes every time I want to put more music on there is SUPER annoying.

The fact that they feel the need to update that program and change the interface every month or so doesn't help either.

Annoying, annoying, annoying.

- Podted with my iPone

tar xvfz gc<version>.tar.gz cd gc<version>

I don't understan peope

having trouble potsin with fone.

Its rupser easy.

int **p = (int **) GC_MALLOC(sizeof(int *)); int *q = (int *) GC_MALLOC_ATOMIC(sizeof(int)); assert(*p == 0); *p = (int *) GC_REALLOC(q, 2 * sizeof(int));

Never encrountered problems Peter descriped.

function a(){ for(var i = 0; i < 50000; i++){

char[] p = new char[10];

Jay, any chance these posts can be moved to another thread?

As might be expected on JWFan, it's quickly getting even more off topic.

Though I must admit BloodBoal's post above is quite amusing. :P

18 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Zootopia broke the mold. That was not a Pixar movie.

True. Still Disney though.

Truth be told, that movie didn't really register with me. I didn't see it and I didn't hear the music either.

But you're right, of course.

9 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

It's as a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with.... I assume an up to date version of the default operating system (Android) and the default web browser.

Try installing Chrome from the Google Play store instead of using the default browser.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Try installing Chrome from the Google Play store instead of using the default browser.

I can try that. Cheers. :)

Listened to The Boss Baby after reading good things about the score.

Sadly while (i'm sure) it works well in the film once again Gia's lack of either talent or musicianship (still not quite sure which it is) makes this another 7 out of 10 at best. The themes are there, but that's it, they just sit there. They exist, which cannot be denied, but they offer little of the way of either excitement, depth or much of anything. The underscore is actually slightly less then competent this time. With the few interesting parts that the score does have diluted far too much by the uneventful and the uninteresting.

Thought I'd get a head start on this one.

This project sounds strange but I'm always up for more Giacchino. 

On 7/27/2016 at 5:45 PM, Pieter_Boelen said:

Whenever I quote anyone, often I cannot use backspace anymore so either I type things right straight away or I cannot correct any mistakes anymore.

Lastly, when I want to edit any posts, I can do so, but the Save button is unresponsive, so I cannot commit those changes.

Those are problems I often have too (in Chrome on an Android Moto E). The quotes and anything else that won't delete can be deleted by clicking source and selecting and deleting the relevant code. You can delete all the code to start over and then go back to regular view to type. 

If save or post is unresponsive I copy my typing, reload the page, paste it, and try again. Actually, the software often remembers what you typed anyway.

I'm not terribly surprised.  I used to associate Dreamworks animation almost exclusively with Remote Control affiliated composers but in recent years they've used Elfman, Desplat, and Silvestri so I guess they're branching out a little.

On 7/27/2016 at 3:42 PM, Jay said:

They've had some fine scores recently such as Rise of the Guardians by Desplat, The Croods by Silvestri, Mr Peabody and Sherman by Elfman, and of course the HTTYD scores by Powell.

7 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm not terribly surprised.  I used to associate Dreamworks animation almost exclusively with Remote Control affiliated composers but in recent years 

I'm fine with that as it gave us the How to Train Your Dragon scores, which are better than anything Giacchino has done in the medium.  

On July 27, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Richard said:

Hey, dude, long time! Welcome back.

Hey, Richard! Welcome back to you, too! I've been around, but I've been pretty busy this summer and haven't posted much lately. I usually show up for Giacchino or Williams news.

On 03/08/2016 at 6:03 AM, libraloco said:

Hey, Richard! Welcome back to you, too! I've been around, but I've been pretty busy this summer and haven't posted much lately. I usually show up for Giacchino or Williams news.

As it should be! :)

On 8/8/2016 at 10:20 AM, Jay said:

So?

Well, we all know IMDb is the most reliable source for movie info so it is clearly time to panic. ;)

#TFATeaser1

• 1 month later...

So the tweet was wrong all along, then.  Thread title updated!

Then again, maybe it was going to be Giacchino, but he had to drop out after taking on Rogue One.