Michael Giacchino's SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING (2017)

Damien F

Jon Watts, the director, has mentioned Michael Giacchino (mispronounced his surname) at around the 3:00 mark in this interview. It isn't a confirmation that he is doing the score, but at the very least he is in the director's thoughts for the music.

http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-vulture-jon-watts-interview/

Spider-man: Homecoming opens 7 days before War for the Planet of the Apes.  It might not be possible for Giacchino to score both films.

Just listed to the clip - his pronunciation of "Giacchino" is one I've never heard before!  LOL!

This would be kind of cool. Though I'd like a Fernando Velazquez superhero score one day. At least I got my fan-wish when Beck did Ant Man. Always loved his work on Buffy, and wanted him to get a big superhero flick one day.

This could be exciting! Though, as far as 2017 Marvel films go, I would rather have him score Thor: Ragnarok. I feel like the fantasy elements of Thor: Ragnarok would lend itself to some awesome themes from Giacchino. :) Plus it would fit into his schedule more easily than Spider-Man: Homecoming would.

As much as I would like to hear a new Danny Elfman score for Spider-Man, or Christopher Young with full thematic control, I must admit I think this would fit Giacchino very well.

With this (I know it's unofficial) and Strange and a new fanfare, it's amazing how complete the break with Tyler is now.  I can't wait to find out the behind the scenes story there years down the road.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

With this (I know it's unofficial) and Strange and a new fanfare, it's amazing how complete the break with Tyler is now.  I can't wait to find out the behind the scenes story there years down the road.

There are a couple anecdotes out there that give enough to paint the whole picture. 

• 3 months later...

Giacchino records almost all his scores in LA.  Doctor Strange and Jupiter Ascending are the only two recent  ones that weren't (and JA's pickups eventually were).

34 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

After Giacchino has scored all of these major franchises; if he doesn't give up his emergency powers, he should be arrested.

The JW Council will have to take control of the RCP to ensure a peaceful transition

Hmm. So what isn't Giacchino scoring these days?

At least this seems more up his alley than the other films. Can't say I'm looking forward to it though.