• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Damien F

Michael Giacchino's Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

445 posts in this topic

Well maybe I just didn't notice the others then lol. I only remember that scene they keep showing in the car.

On 19/5/2017 at 11:10 PM, BloodBoal said:

I like it.

Would be cool if this was the actual theme for the character in the film too, and not just a one-off rendition of the original theme song.

it would be nice.

A 60s Cartoon theme is already better than the whole of 2016. Sad.

9 minutes ago, alan1984 said:

If you look at the conductor's screen, it looks like they might be recording this for the opening Marvel logo!

Good catch!  That's definitely the Marvel logo.

Wow, that clip is really fun! Didn't even realize it was the old theme until someone mentioned it. 

28 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Fascinating.  Tell me more.

38 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I responded to a post from like 7 pages ago, thinking it was the most recent post, and I couldn't delete my post so I just had a period.

Just ask Jason to delete it in an edit, that's what I do.

19 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I thought he was responding to Will's bizarre statement that he didn't recognise the Spider-Man theme until someone pointed it out. Words couldn't describe the banality so a single period fills that void!

Perhaps Will didnt grow up with the theme?

13 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Perhaps Will didnt grow up with the theme?

Neither did I, yet it's in most Spider-man adaptations - making cameo appearances in the Raimi films, the cartoons, "Spider-pig" from The Simpsons Movie.

Getting older is weird.  I'm in a community band with amateur musicians ranging from 10 to 85, and I made a "more cowbell" reference at a rehearsal recently and every teenager in the band just gave me a blank look.  I thought more cowbell was universal!!!

Well, I actually haven't watched a single Spiderman film, so my only experience with that theme has been when Spiderman fans used to occasionally sing it when I was little, and things like that. 

10 hours ago, Will said:

Well, I actually haven't watched a single Spiderman film, so my only experience with that theme has been when Spiderman fans used to occasionally sing it when I was little, and things like that. 

Wasn't a sleight against you, Will. You haven't seen any of the Raimi films?! Just not interested?

Will likes this

Sorry, not a fan. Cheesy writing, over-the-top melodramatic acting... not my preference. 

Alfred Molina's Doc Ock is still the finest performance ever given in a comic book film.

Over the top performance lacking the empathy of the original comic book character. Raimi actually didnt do that well at all.

7 hours ago, RPurton said:

Wasn't a sleight against you, Will. You haven't seen any of the Raimi films?! Just not interested?

For some reason, I've just never really wanted to watch superhero movies. Not really sure why! 

RPurton likes this

I thought the Police Academy movies did that?

Once likes this

You loved those! I have proof!