The Adventure Begins film mix vs OST

Gollum Cat

I noticed just the other night that the film mix of The Adventure Begins seems slightly different from the released versions - particularly the mandolin (?). Is this true?

6 hours ago, Fennel Ka said:

And Accordion.

Musette, along with the standard 'Hobbit band' accompaniments of 6-string guitar and dulcimer.

15 minutes ago, Jim Ware said:

It's actually part of the bagpipe family.

I stand corrected sir!

Although there is also an accordion called musette or bal-musette is there not?

On 8/8/2016 at 7:54 PM, Gollum Cat said:

I noticed just the other night that the film mix of The Adventure Begins seems slightly different from the released versions - particularly the mandolin (?). Is this true?

Which version do you like better?

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Which version do you like better?

Film, though only because I can hear more :P As much as I dislike certain aspects of the Hobbit scores immensely compared to LOTR, at the end of the day I would rather have more Hobbit music than less.

1 hour ago, Gollum Cat said:

Compared to LOTR. Maybe immensely is too strong a word - the scores have grown on me over time. But there are still aspects I dislike in varying degrees.

Welcome to the club.

13 hours ago, Jay said:

I love them, just not as much as I love LOTR.  Though certain themes and sections I love more than anything in LOTR.  And they are still the best film scores of the 2010s

This represents my feelings on matter also. 

Especially with regard to the music as represented on the album (particularly in relation to aUJ)

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

Anything is better than Tom Holkenborg!

And I got to decapitate him in that video of yours. Thank you for that BB.

I do enjoy the Hobbit score immensely, all three of them, but they do not create that nigh perfect complete experience the LotR trilogy does.

On 8/17/2016 at 7:54 AM, Incanus said:

I do enjoy the Hobbit score immensely, all three of them, but they do not create that nigh perfect complete experience the LotR trilogy does.

I agree with that feeling... somehow the Hobbit scores feel incomplete to me as well.... possibly because so many musical ideas introduced in the first score never get referenced again... I dunno.